Startup Weekend Tirana 3
Friday, November 21 - 23, 2014
Friday, November 21 - 23, 2014
Event starts at 6:30 pm
Ministry of Social Welfare and Youth
Rr. e Kavajës, 1001, Tiranë
In front of the Ministry of Culture
Ever wondered what it takes to be an entrepreneur?
Startup Weekend is a global grassroots movement of active and empowered entrepreneurs who are learning the basics of founding startups and launching successful ventures. It is the largest community of passionate entrepreneurs with over 1800 past events in 120 countries around the world in 2014.
The non-profit organization is headquartered in Seattle, Washington but Startup Weekend organizers and facilitators can be found in over 200 cities around the world. From Mongolia to South Africa to London to Brazil, people around the globe are coming together for weekend long workshops to pitch ideas, form teams, and start companies.
All Startup Weekend events follow the same basic model: anyone is welcome to pitch their startup idea and receive feedback from their peers. Teams organically form around the top ideas (as determined by popular vote) and then it’s a 54 hour frenzy of business model creation, coding, designing, and market validation. The weekends culminate with presentations in front of local entrepreneurial leaders with another opportunity for critical feedback.
Whether entrepreneurs found companies, find a cofounder, meet someone new, or learn a skill far outside their usual 9-to-5, everyone is guaranteed to leave the event better prepared to navigate the chaotic but fun world of startups. If you want to put yourself in the shoes of an entrepreneur, register now for the best weekend of your life!
- Build your network: Startup Weekend attracts the best makers and do-ers. By spending a weekend working to build scalable companies that solve real world problems, you will build long-lasting relationships and possibly walk away with a job or even an investor.
- Actually launch a business: Over 36% of Startup Weekends are still going strong after 3 months. Roughly 80% of participants plan on continuing working with their team or startup after the weekend.
- Get face time with thought leaders: Get one-on-one time with the movers and shakers in your community. Local tech and startup leaders participate in Startup Weekends as coaches and judges.
- Join a global community: Startup Weekend alumni span across several continents and scores of cities.
- Learn: Startup Weekends are all about learning through the art of creating. Build your own strategy and test it as you go.
Friday November 21st
Saturday November 22nd
Sunday November 23rd
Washington Education in Albania Country Director
Co-founder of Ariee Design Studio.
In the last 4 years Ardi has dedicated himself to product development for the handicraft and fashion industry by confounding Ariee Design Studio.
Executive Director at the Adriapol Institute
Coaches and Mentors
Chief Operating Officer of MPAY
Lecturer of Economic Informatics
Systems and Software Engineering
CEO @ BIG Media Expert
IT Manager at EasyPay Albania
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend Tirana 3 team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
FIWARE is an open cloud-based platform for cost-effective creation and delivery of innovative applications and services.
Techstars Startup Weekend Tirana is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here