Startup Weekend Women Melbourne
Friday, September 13 - 15, 2019
Friday, September 13 - 15, 2019
Event starts at 5:30 pm
Goods Shed North | Victorian Innovation Hub
710 Collins St
Join The Global Movement! 54 hours to boost women-led entrepreneurship around the world. Win an all expenses-paid trip to Singapore!
A weekend for people of action!!Startup Weekend Melbourne is back! Startup Weekend is a 54-hour event where developers, designers and business development folks come together to pitch an idea, validate, and launch a business, all in one weekend. Test your ideas, meet potential co-founders, build your community in Melbourne and launch your next startup!
- An all expenses-paid trip for a member of the winning team to Singapore to attend the Asia Pacific Regional Startup Weekend Women event.
- Free co-working space
- Some awesome startup books
- Access to Academy Xi's industry best courses
- The list is still growing - watch this space!
Our Theme: Women | Diversity + Inclusion!We believe entrepreneurship is the single greatest force in making the world a better place. We are encouraging entrepreneurs from all corners of Melbourne (and the world!) to come out, participate, and create ideas and opportunities that drive real-world social change.
We believe in an inclusive definition of “women”; we welcome trans, genderqueer women and non-binary people who are femme-identifying.
⚖️ Women account for 50% of the world’s working-age population - but are largely misrepresented.
👩💼 Women hold just 5.2% of CEO positions at S&P 500 Companies.
💰 Closing the wage gap for women would add $28 trillion to global GDP.
📈 McKinsey's research shows that gender-diverse companies are 15% more likely to outperform their peers and ethnically-diverse companies are 35% more likely to do the same.
💡 We want to continue efforts in cultivating a wholly inclusive community. A key component of that vision is empowering women to pursue their dreams and build tools that change the world.
🌟 We believe that by creating the right environments, programs, and initiatives, women in tech (alongside their larger community) are better positioned to drive transformational change in their community and beyond.
- 🚀 This September, our Startup Weekend Global community will be hosting the most number of startup weekend women in the world, ever! and we want you to be a big part of it!
- 🇦🇺 Join us for our chapter in Melbourne this September 13-15, 2019 for an incredible weekend of inspiration, learning, networking and startups!
- 🌎 BONUS - As part of Global Startup Weekend Women, we've got continued opportunities for the winners to connect and learn more from all the global teams. Join us to learn more!
✅What do you need to bring?
Lots of energy! | You'll pitch your own idea or listen to others, then vote on the most interesting ideas and form teams with diverse skill sets. You can come with friends, but you’ll get the full experience if you participate in separate teams. Remember, it’s all about the team. Your idea should be something you have not previously worked on.
The idea you pitch and the problem you set out to solve can span social, educational, financial, environmental, or other issues, with a focus on sustainability. Over the course of the weekend, you'll be challenged to create a prototype of your MVP, or minimum viable product, that fits the needs of your target customer. You'll get feedback, iterate, and likely pivot your approach entirely!
⚠️Important: You cannot have previously worked on your idea.
Techstars Startup Weekend is a full weekend-long experience.
🎟Your ticket includes:
- 7 full (and delicious) meals over the course of the weekend
- Benefits and discounts from our global partners
- One-on-one time with amazing mentors
- A new network of developers, designers, and entrepreneurs eager, like you, to change the world.
- All the internet and coffee you can consume.
No talk, all action!
Friday September 13th
Saturday September 14th
Sunday September 15th
Coaches and Mentors
After being in the founding team of Australia's #1 Car Subscription Service, Belle is looking to assist the right people leave a mark in their relevant landscapes.
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend Women Melbourne team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
LaunchVic is Victoria's startup agency. Their role is to grow Victoria's startup ecosystem by investing in organisations & projects that support startups to scale innovative companies, & deliver benefits to the Victorian economy.
Techstars Startup Weekend Melbourne is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!