Startup Weekend Sustainability (Melbourne)
Friday, May 6 - 8, 2016
Friday, May 6 - 8, 2016
Event starts at 6:30 pm
York Butter Factory
62-66 King St.
A platform for entrepreneurs to create sustainable based projects and businesses
It all begins on the Friday night where you, as a participant will get to pitch your idea or listen to others ideas. From there, teams are formed organically and what follows is a weekend where you and your team continue through testing, business model development, and basic prototype creation.
The outcome of the weekend is to develop an entrepreneurial style idea whether it is developing the prototype of a software product (such as a mobile app), a physical product or invention (such as a physical machine or invention) or simply an environmental or sustainable initiative.
Startup Weekend will culminate on Sunday night with demo presentations to a panel of potential investors, local entrepreneurs, and sustainability experts. Participants are challenged to build functional startups in interdisciplinary teams during the event and will be encouraged to collaborate with like-minded individuals outside of their daily networks.
Who you'll meet at Startup Weekend
We’re drawing in a diverse crowd of attendees this weekend that include:
- Sustainability industry professionals
- Technical people such as software engineers / coders, product or industrial designers and inventors
- Sustainability enthusiasts that include people who want to make a difference in this area but don't have the access, support, team or environment to make a real difference in this area
What you'll get out of the event
1) FOOD! All of your food and drink is supplied throughout the weekend.
2) Education: learning by doing and hands-on experience.
3) Co-Founder Dating: create relationships that last long past the weekend.
4) Have Fun: meant to be fun and entertaining so enjoy it.
5) Solve local problems with your ideas.
6) Build Your Network: meet high quality and driven entrepreneurs - like you!
7) Learn new skills.
8) Learn How to Launch a Business (and Actually Do It!): the epitome of Lean Startup Methodology.
9) Mentorship: interact with the movers and shakers in your community.
10) Get Access to Valuable Startup Resources.
Friday May 6th
Saturday May 7th
Sunday May 8th
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend Sustainability (Melbourne) team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend Melbourne is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here