Startup Weekend RetailTech (Melbourne)
Friday, November 25 - 27, 2016
Friday, November 25 - 27, 2016
Event starts at 6:30 pm
Level 6, 601 Bourke St
A platform for entrepreneurs to innovate the retail industry
It all begins on the Friday night where you, as a participant will get to pitch your idea or listen to others ideas. From there, teams are formed organically and what follows is a weekend where you and your team continue through testing, business model development, and basic prototype creation.
The outcome of the weekend is to develop an entrepreneurial style idea whether it is developing the prototype of a software product (such as a mobile app), a physical product or invention.
Startup Weekend will culminate on Sunday night with demo presentations to a panel of potential investors, local entrepreneurs, and industry experts. Participants are challenged to build functional startups in interdisciplinary teams during the event and will be encouraged to collaborate with like-minded individuals outside of their daily networks.
Who you'll meet at Startup Weekend
We’re drawing in a diverse crowd of attendees this weekend that includes:
- Retail industry professionals
- Technical people such as software engineers / coders, product or industrial designers, and inventors
- Retail enthusiasts that include people who want to make a difference in this area but don't have the access, support, team or environment to make a real difference in this area
What you'll get out of the event
1) FOOD! All of your food and drink is supplied throughout the weekend.
2) Education: learning by doing and hands-on experience.
3) Co-Founder Dating: create relationships that last long past the weekend.
4) Have Fun: meant to be fun and entertaining so enjoy it.
5) Solve local problems with your ideas.
6) Build Your Network: meet high quality and driven entrepreneurs - like you!
7) Learn new skills.
8) Learn How to Launch a Business (and Actually Do It!): the epitome of Lean Startup Methodology.
9) Mentorship: interact with the movers and shakers in your community.
10) Get Access to Valuable Startup Resources.
Friday November 25th
Saturday November 26th
Sunday November 27th
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend RetailTech (Melbourne) team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend Melbourne is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
As part of Powerhousehq Marina has developed theBiz.store , a social program to enable girls to learn business skills and actively supports the Melbourne startup scene by hosting hackathons, conferences, workshops, and as a founding member of Startup Victoria Female founders committee.
As part of PwC Experience Center team, Marina has been working with large public and private organisations, helping to identify what challenges and opportunities to focus, re-image their value proposition, leveraging assets and market analysis to build human centred design solutions, which deliver value and positive impact.
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!