Global Startup Weekend Sustainable Revolution - Toowoomba
Friday, June 14 - 16, 2019
Friday, June 14 - 16, 2019
Event starts at 5:00 pm
1/625 Ruthven St
Create real solutions for our planet and our people in just 54 hours. Join the Sustainable Revolution!
What is a Startup Weekend?Do you have an idea you'd like to pursue or a problem you'd like to solve but don't know where to start or who to start with? Startup Weekend Toowoomba is the place to look for a team, create a prototype of your idea, validate your business idea, and receive feedback from experienced entrepreneurs, all in one weekend. Startup weekend is centered around action, innovation, and education. Whether you are looking for feedback on an idea, a co-founder, specific skill sets, or a team to help you execute, Startup Weekends are the perfect environment in which to test your idea and take the first steps towards launching your own startup.
The focus of this Startup Weekend is Sustainability
So Why Sustainability?
- Sustainability is the main challenge of our times: our humanity needs concrete solutions for the future
- We believe that by supporting entrepreneurship we can sow the seeds for the future; and by encouraging local initiatives, have a huge global impact
- By launching Startup Weekends on Sustainability, we gather communities of participants, entrepreneurs and committed mentors, and thus engage people on positive impact projects
Everyone is welcome to join in. Together we can make a real difference
What happens at a Startup Weekend?
Let's start with Friday and a night of networking, pitches and team building. Then the energy really ramps up on Saturday as we continue the brainstorming, business plan development, and basic prototype creation. To enhance your team we have also curated a rockstar team of mentors to coach and support you on the adventure. Sunday brings the culmination of all your hard work and energy as the projects come to life and are presented to the live judging panel, plus we'll finish off with a celebratory party.
What do you need to bring?
Lots of energy! You'll pitch your own idea or listen to others, then vote on the most interesting ideas and form teams with diverse skill sets. You can come with friends, but you’ll get the full experience if you participate in separate teams. Remember, it’s all about the team.
Your idea should be something you have not previously worked on. The idea you pitch and the problem you set out to solve can span social, educational, financial, environmental, or other issues. Over the course of the weekend you'll be challenged to create a prototype of your MVP, or minimum viable product, that fits the needs of your target customer. You'll get feedback, iterate, and likely pivot your approach entirely! Important: You cannot have worked previously on your idea.
Startup Weekend Toowoomba is a full weekend-long experience. Your ticket includes:
- 7 full (and delicious) meals over the course of the weekend
- Benefits and discounts from our global partners
- One-on-one time with amazing mentors
- A new network of developers, designers, and entrepreneurs eager, like you, to change the world.
- All the internet and coffee you can consume.
Join us to create real solutions for our future
Friday June 14th
Saturday June 15th
Sunday June 16th
Techstars Startup Weekend Australia is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!