Sustainability Startup Weekend
Friday, May 17 - 19, 2019
Friday, May 17 - 19, 2019
Event starts at 6:00 pm
Building 15, 622-632 Harris Street
Your idea in 54 hours!
Sustainability Startup Weekend is on from May 17 - 19 and is your chance to come together with entrepreneurially-minded creatives, developers, and designers from all corners of Sydney to participate, and create ideas and opportunities to drive real-world social change, and contribute to supporting a sustainable future.
You’ll learn how to successfully launch a business venture and meet experienced mentors, like-minded co-founders, investors and sponsors while you brew up and bring to life your brilliant ideas - all within 54 hours!
Kicking off with Friday night pitches, you and your team will work throughout the weekend to brainstorm, develop a business plan and begin basic prototyping. We'll then finish up with Sunday night demos and presentations where your team will present a final pitch to all attendees and receive valuable feedback from local entrepreneurial judges:
- Alex Thomson, Manager at Deep Green Biotech Hub
- James Tilbury, CEO of EnergyLab
- Emily Rich, Managing Director of Startups at Microsoft
And our experienced, entrepreneurial mentors Melanie Lewis, Luis Javier Erazo Gallo, Jill Storey, Gabe McCauley and Bhavin Bagadia.
Your ticket includes:
- 5 full (and delicious) meals over the course of the weekend
- Benefits and discounts from our global partners (including a free .co domain & Google credits)
- One-on-one time with experienced mentors
- A new network of eager developers, designers, and up-and coming entrepreneurs like yourself to engage and change the world with.
You'll also have the opportunity to win AWESOME prizes such as a:
- Prototyping workshop run by UTS Rapido
- Crowdfunding workshop delivered by Ready Fund Go
- Three month coworking space at EnergyLab, or a spot in the EnergyLabPre-Acceleration program
- Place in the ClimateLaunchpad competition run by Climate-KIC Australia
- Lunch with M8 Ventures
- Three month coworking space at Fishburners
- Inclusion in the WWF's Panda Labs ImpactFolio Future Cities Challenge
- An investment workshop or a 'what next?' workshop provided by Amatil
Still have questions? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refund Policy: No refunds will be granted within 7 days of the event if food and drink have already been ordered. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. To read more about our full terms and conditions click here.
The Sustainability Startup Weekend is proudly supported by NSW Deep Green Biotech Hub, Amatil and Origin Energy, with prizes generously provided by UTS Rapido, Ready Fund Go, EnergyLab, Climate-KIC Australia, M8 Ventures, WWF Australia, and more!
Friday May 17th
Saturday May 18th
Sunday May 19th
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Sustainability Startup Weekend team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend Australia is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!