Startup Weekend Adelaide #6
Friday, July 17 - 19, 2015
Friday, July 17 - 19, 2015
Event starts at 5:30 pm
New Venture Institute
1284 South Road
Learn How To Launch A Startup In 54 Hours or Less!
- A Developer (software engineer/coder/hacker)
- A Designer (graphics, UX/UI)
- A Business person (business, marketing, PR, finance)
Have you launched your startup yet?
If you want to launch a startup and have some fun, then we think you will find Startup Weekend will be a life changing experience. It's a hands on business hackathon delivered over the course of a weekend that teaches you how really start a business. When you register you will get:
- All your meals and drinks over the weekend;
- Access to 20+ mentors who have done what you want to do;
- A chance to win some of the $20,000 in prizes up for grabs.
What makes Startup Weekend so valuable for wantrepreneurs is that it helps you:
- Validate your business model;
- Build a team around your business idea;
- Exposure to investors and advisors to help get your idea off the ground.
3 Reasons to Attend:
- $20,000 of awesome prizes up for grabs;
- Meet cool people (Cofounder dating anyone?);
- Access to world class mentors, speakers and judges.
Now you might have some questions...
- What if I don't have an idea? That's cool just join up with another team;
- What if I've never started a business before? That's the point of Startup Weekend, it's a great chance to get experience fast;
- I've already been to a Startup Weekend, why should I go again? If you haven't started a startup, then you need keep trying until you hit gold!
A comprehensive FAQ can be found here:
Checkout some of these Startup Weekend success stories
Encyclopedia of Magic: Won the first Startup Weekend and have built a successful online business doing something they love! They then went on to win Entrepreneurs of the Year this last year!
Musio: Mal and Oli won Startup Weekend 3 and then went on to win the Unearthing New Business grant from Bank SA. Their startup is just about to go live!
Majoran Distillery: Michael, Chhai and William all met at the first Startup Weekend. Their ideas didn't work but they did start Adelaide's premier co-working facility that has become the epicentre of Adelaide's tech community.
So if you're serious about starting a business, click Buy Ticket. Once you've registered, you will be one step closer to launching your startup.
Friday July 17th
Saturday July 18th
Sunday July 19th
Coaches and Mentors
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend Adelaide #6 team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Startup Weekend Australia is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here