Startup Weekend Adelaide #7
Friday, February 10 - 12, 2017
Friday, February 10 - 12, 2017
Event starts at 5:30 pm
Innovation and Collaboration Centre
Level 4, Catherine Helen Spence Building
City West, University of South Australia
Launch a startup in 54 hours!
- A Developer (software engineer/coder/hacker)
- A Designer (graphics, UX/UI)
- A Business person (business, marketing, PR, finance)
Have you launched your startup yet?If you want to launch a startup and have some fun, then we think you will find Startup Weekend will be a life changing experience. It's a hands on business hackathon delivered over the course of a weekend that teaches you how really start a business. When you register you will get:
- All your meals and drinks over the weekend;
- Access to 20+ mentors who have done what you want to do;
- A chance to win some of the $20,000 worth of prizes up for grabs.
What makes Startup Weekend so valuable is that it helps you:
- Validate your business model;
- Build a team around your business idea;
- Exposure to advisors and investors to help you get your idea off the ground.
3 Reasons to Attend:
- $20,000 worth of awesome prizes up for grabs;
- Meet awesome, passionate and talented people (Cofounder dating anyone?);
- Access to world class mentors, speakers and judges.
Now you might have some questions...
- What if I don't have an idea? That's cool just join up with a team with an awesome idea;
- What if I've never started a business before? That's the point of Startup Weekend, it's a great chance to get experience fast;
- I've already been to a Startup Weekend, why should I go again? If you haven't started a startup, then you need keep trying until you hit gold!
A comprehensive FAQ can be found here:
Checkout some of these Startup Weekend Adelaide success stories
Encyclopedia of Magic: Won the first Startup Weekend and have built a successful online business doing something they love! They then went on to win Entrepreneurs of the Year this last year!
Musio: Mal and Oli won Startup Weekend #3 and then went on to win the Unearthing New Business grant from Bank SA.
Majoran Distillery: Michael, Chhai and William all met at the first Startup Weekend Adelaide. Their ideas didn't work but they did start Adelaide's premier co-working facility that has become the epicentre of Adelaide's tech community.
So if you're serious about starting a business, click Buy Ticket. Once you've registered, you will be one step closer to launching your startup.
Setup for Success Before/After Startup Weekend
Friday February 10th
Saturday February 11th
Sunday February 12th
Coaches and Mentors
An Accounting Futurist, he believes that accountants have the ability to change the world (even if they just don't realise it yet).
Being in the business of predicting the future of the accounting profession, Chris is on a life mission to change the accounting game forever.
John is passionate about helping entrepreneurs to not just design and build digital products that solve a problem but create a sustainable and scalable tech business.
John believes that Adelaide has the potential to be the technology powerhouse of the Asia-pacific region. On Startup weekend, John will be looking forward to helping teams easily and cheaply validate their ideas and acquire customers.
In 2015, Podpac placed 51st and was the top South Australian company on the BRW Fast Starters list and in the same year Toby was also an EY Central Region Entrepreneur of the Year nominee. Podpac products can be found on the shelves of Australia's largest retailer’s including Woolworths, Coles, Harvey Norman, The Good Guys and are also exported to 15 countries.
Geoff founded, grew and sold three of his own technology companies. Then, as a consultant, he was a key part in the successful growth and sale of another three Adelaide based companies.
Now, Geoff runs training workshops where he helps companies to implement his proven digital marketing and sales growth strategies themselves. Over 100 organisations have benefited from Geoff’s training, ranging from small high-tech startups to government departments and ASX listed companies.
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend Adelaide #7 team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Startup Weekend Australia is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!