Startup Weekend Oostende
Friday, April 22 - 24, 2016
Friday, April 22 - 24, 2016
Event starts at 6:30 pm
Stop dreaming, start building. Create your own startup in 54 hours!
Whether you have an idea or want to contribute in design, development, marketing or business … Startup Weekend Ostend is the moment where you build an amazing startup, all over the course of one weekend. Everyone is welcome!
Startup Weekend Oostende
Create a startup in 54 hoursThe weekend goes as follows:
Anyone is welcome to pitch a startup idea Friday evening and receive feedback from their peers. Pitching is not obliged, you can learn from the rest and just cowork on the pitches made by others.
After the pitches, teams form around the top ideas (as determined by popular vote) and embark on a three-day frenzy of business model creation, coding, designing, and market validation.
On Sunday, the weekend culminates with presentations of the final business models in front of local entrepreneurial leaders with another opportunity for feedback! 3 finalists will be chosen and will receive some very nice prizes!
Don't speak Dutch? No problem! The entire event will be held in English.
Coaching & Access to start-up programs
- Access for 12 to 18 months to the Startit@kbc community, co working spaces, coaching and academy
- One-to-one coaching from SOS Idee Extended coaching (Flanders DC) for all finalists (1 session of 2 hours with experts)
- Free ticket with a value of €500 for BRYO (high potential startup program of VOKA)
- Access to Go4business program of UNIZO with a value €150
- Free office at GreenBridge Incubator for 6 months
- Access to coworking spaces of Startit@KBC
- Featured article in magazine U-zine of UNIZO for the winner
- Surprise gift for the winners by Stad Oostende
- A weekend in Ostend for two, offered by Hotel Bero (****)
This two-night stay has a value of € 360
- Set of management books by Publisher Die Keure
- And many more...
Connect with likeminded creative people
4 reasons why you should sign up for Startup Weekend Ostend
Connect with people driven to build something new. Rich and diverse talent is a Startup Weekend staple.Are you ready to meet your next (cofounder) (friend) (mentor) (investor)?
Discover your next steps on the Entrepreneur's Journey
Discover where you are on the Entrepreneur's Journey. Find the resources available near you. Leave with a clear vision of the next steps you need to take on your road to success.
Learn what it takes
Learn what it really takes to start a company. No book, panel, speaker, or blog post will teach you what you need to know. The only way to learn is the experience of trying.
Jump start your idea
It’s that simple. Startup Weekend is designed to get you going, FAST.
The wide array of prizes allows you to accelerate your start-up idea even after Startup Weekend.
TicketsYou can order your tickets online through our Eventbrite page.
You will receive your tickets instantly in your inbox!
Ticket prices include
- Coaching, mentoring, delicious meals, drinks & snacks for the entire weekend.
- If you bring your sleepingbag and matras you can sleep at GreenBridge for free. And yes, we have showers!
- Free shuttle service from Ostend's train station to GreenBridge on Friday and Sunday evening. There's also free ample parking space for those who come by car.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news and updates!
Questions? Send an email to: email@example.com
Friday April 22nd
Saturday April 23rd
Sunday April 24th
Johan Vande Lanotte returned to local politics in October 2014 in Ostend, where he took up his position as alderman for the economy and tourism at Ostend City Council. Since August 2015 Vande Lanotte is the mayor of Ostend, while still serving as a Member of Parliament.
CEO of Uptime Group & advisor for Cronos Groep
Centre of Entrepreneurship West-Flanders
Today MaisonRouge has 3 offices in Gent, Antwerp and Brussels where “we love work” and “big smile” are corner values. During his studies physiotherapy he already worked on people- and hospitality projects for O’de Gand, Festival van Vlaanderen Gent, Poplife and Goodlife. Today - next to his daily job at MaisonRouge - he is one of the driving forces in Puzzle Escape Rooms Ghent, chairholder in Cloud Design, a storytelling agency and a supporting partner of Hart Festival.The first techno festival organised with crowdfunding. His family and entrepreneurial skills make sure he has a variety of activities that gives him a daily inspiration
Business Innovation Manager - ING
Coaches and Mentors
Senior Business Developer (IOF) @ Ghent University - Chief Business Officer R&D (Ghent University) in aquaculture
- Managing the portfolio of collaborations with academic and industrial partners
- Building a strategic patent portfolio
- Setting out priorities and securing funding for application and commercialisation directed R&D -
both from university funds and from grant awarding bodies e.g. EU, IWT …
and business coach Netwerk ondernemen (
Cheqroom, prescreening HPS, Medianeut,...)
- Over 25
years supply chain experience (operational / projectmanager ) for GSK, Volvo
cars, Gourmand, Cras, Puratos, TNT, ...
- Owner Ready for solutions bvba since 2008 'solves your logistic problems' (startup, fast growing, in 'transition', ..) - Quick scan, Ecommerce, ERP, digital, KPI's, strategy, .... Workshops Lego serious play method (business model canvas, innovation, collaboration teams, working in 2050,..)
- Guestspeaker Vlajo 'entrepreneur in the classroom', Escala,..
- Guest lecturer Vives, Syntra, SBM, Voka,...
Niek De Prest
Owner, BigFish - Coach, SpinWest
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend Oostende team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend Ostend is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
Previously Tracy has won best pitch at Startup Weekend Dublin and has also organised and been lead organiser at Startup Weekend Dublin!
She runs a number of community events, holds a board seat on the Irish Internet Assoc. and has experience in getting multiple startups off the ground.
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!