Startup Weekend - Ocean Innovation
Friday, November 9 - 11, 2018
Friday, November 9 - 11, 2018
Event starts at 5:45 pm
160 Holyrood Access Road
(Liam Hickey Drive)
Newfoundland & Labrador
New Frontier, New Solutions
- 6 full (and delicious) meals over the course of the weekend
- Networking and team building opportunities galore
- Benefits and discounts from our global partners
- One-on-one time with amazing mentors
- A new network of developers, designers, and entrepreneurs eager, like you, to change the world.
- All the internet and coffee you can consume.
Friday November 9th
Saturday November 10th
Sunday November 11th
Senior Consultant, Windover Group
Former Director, Centre for Applied Ocean Technology responsible for establishing the Centre in 2008 and building a $1M+ per year applied research enterprise in the areas of ocean mapping and ocean monitoring.
Previously held the position of Vice President with the Canadian Centre for Marine Communications (CCMC) with responsibility for development and implementation of strategic investment programs focused on SME’s in the marine geomatics, ocean technology and information and communication technology sectors.
Coaches and Mentors
- Negotiation and procurement of raw material for seafood processing plants in Newfoundland,Quebec and the Maritime Provinces of Canada.
- Fisheries consulting for Companies and Universities in North America, Latin America and Asia.
- Development of seafood products.
- Business Development. Policy setting and execution.
Lead - Innovative Product Development Centre
Power, a graduate of Memorial’s School of Engineering, leads the centre team on innovative manufacturing projects, working closely with clients to understand their requirements and challenges for the required finished products. To date, over 300 products have been produced for private clients using the centre’s 3D printing technology, and internally the unit has worked on numerous projects for college researchers and students. Major projects undertaken by Power include: the reproduction of the emblems and trim work of the Beaumont Hamel plaques in Bowring Park, the production of tooling and parts for Demand Innovations’ coffee makers, a technology to improve the Nomex clothes dryer, UV-based sterilizing technologies, a new type of underwater thruster technology, and a new type of solar air heating technology for industrial and home use. Under Power’s supervision, the Innovative Product Development Centre’s mandate of applying engineering technologies to applied research is providing companies with an innovative and cost-effective path to commercialization, while supplying the research community with the equipment needed to develop new prototypes for industry.
Assistant Professor, Entrepreneurship
Techstars Startup Weekend Holyrood is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!