What is Startup Weekend?
This post originally appeared on blog.up.co
Above all else, Startup Weekend is an opportunity. An opportunity to take that lingering idea for a business that you have, and turn it into something real. An opportunity to meet new and interesting people, all of whom have the same entrepreneurial spirit. An opportunity to test you own skills, ideas, and valour in the face of an entrepreneurial career.
This opportunity takes place over a 54-hour period, wherein business-minded individuals meet, pitch business idea, break up into teams, and develop a plan for making that business possible. The end result being the validation that your idea could work in the real world, a plan on how to make that a reality, and the confidence to do something with it.
The hardest part of starting up is starting out. At Startup Weekend, you'll be immersed in the ideal environment for startup magic to happen.
At Startup Weekend, you will...
- Connect with people driven to build something new. Rich and diverse talent is a Startup Weekend staple.
- Are you ready to meet your next cofounder, friend, mentor, or investor?
- Discover where you are on the entrepreneurial journey.
- Find the resources available near you.
- Leave knowing the next steps you need to take on your road to success.
- Learn what it really takes to start a company.
- No book, panel, speaker, or blog post will teach you what you need to know.
- The only way to learn is the experience of trying.
- It’s that simple. Startup Weekend is designed to get you going, FAST.
- Your local Organizers will set up the ideal environment for you to be successful and learn as much as possible in just 54 hours.
Participating in Startup Weekend Corner Brook does cost $25, but it's more than worthwhile:
You get the chance to build your idea into a startup in 54 hours...
You get to work on your strategy, validation, market research, and leadership...
You get the opportunity to meet likeminded entrepreneurs and make essential business relationships...
And the winning teams get prizes to help them get started on their entrepreneurial journey...
So join us for Corner Brook's first Startup Weekend, April 1-3, 2016.