What you need to know.
This post originally appeared on blog.up.co
Happy Saturday Everyone!
Today is a big day so we want to make sure that you have everything you need and know exactly where to get it.
1. Sponsor Tools & Resources
- Go to this link: http://www.go.co/startupweekend/
- Click “I just Want A .CO”
- Fill out basic information
- Submit code: SW15051274
- Good to go
- This code is only applicable once per participant, and will only be active until the first Thursday following your event. A list of FAQ's associated with the .CO offer can be found here: http://www.go.co/startupweekend/faq/
For more information to help explain the .CO offer at your event, go to http://www.go.co/eventassets/
- Google Cloud Platform for Developers
If you’d like to know more about our sponsors, please visit this page: http://startupweekend.org/sponsored-resources/
Coaches will be in today from 11-9pm. There will be sign-up sheets for your team to choose when you want to work with specific mentors. We’ll go over more about this around lunch time. Quick tip: sign up for mentors fast!
3. Judging Criteria: (this is the exact criteria I go over with the judges)
- Did the team get out and talk to customers?
- Are they actually solving a problem?
- What’s their clear value proposition to that customer?
- Have they identified a specific target market?
- Execution and Design:
. Did they work well as a team?
- Did they have an MVP or prototype (paper is ok) to present?
- How functional was the demo?
- Was the usability of the product easy and friendly? Design Matters!
- Business Model:
. Does their solution solve a core need/problem?
- Did they present a value proposition
- Is it unique?
- How will they differentiate themselves from their competition (did they identify competition)?
- What is the go-to-market/launch strategy?
- How will they make money?
- What is the user acquisition model?
4. Team Survey
Your project manager is responsible for filling out the Team Survey, aim to do this after dinner but be sure to complete it before 9pm. This will sign you up for Demo Presentations on Sunday. If you do not fill out the Survey, your team will not present on Sunday night. Go to http://survey.startupweekend.org to enter your Team information.
5. Keynote Speaker & Pitch 101 & Organizers Info Session
John Rowe, President of Island Abbey Foods Ltd., is our keynote speaker and will be sharing his experiences with entrepreneurship over dinner.
Sally will offer pitch 101 following our guest speaker.
If you’re interested in helping to organize PEI’s next Startup Weekend, Sally will be giving an overview of what it takes and how to get involved!
If you have questions about anything, don't hesitate to ask! Otherwise have a fantastic weekend, and remember NO TALK ALL ACTION!