Monday, July 16 - October 4, 2018
Monday, July 16 - October 4, 2018
Event starts at 2:00 pm
Level 6, KOHO
75 Hung To Road
MTR opening doors for Startups
#propUP Program is intended for companies that are developing innovative products and services that can enhance the customer experience, safety, and performance of the shopping malls owned and operated by MTR, in the following two categories:
Innovative technology - services and product that will enhance the customer experience
- Service and experience to generate "new" patronage fro shopping malls (e.g. Store Analytics, Point of Sale, Personalization, In-Store Experience, AI, big data analytics, etc.)
- Service and technology to differentiate MTR malls from other shopping malls (e.g. Retail AR, IoT, self-service concierge by Robots/indoor navigation/AI video monitoring or customer service, etc.)
- New technology that can enhance performance of MTR operational asset (e.g. Sustainable products & services; Prevention of pollution (air, water & waste); Sustainable resource use (resource efficiency & water use);
- New technology that can enhance safety of MTR colleagues/customers/tenants (e.g. OH&S training utilising AR/VR)
Startups are challenged to:
- validate their assumptions,
- search for a repeatable and scalable business model,
- and work with MTR Properties on a proof-of-concept.
Applications are now closed!
- 15 May - Application Opens
- 23 May - Online AMA: Learn More About The Program. Watch the replay HERE
- 6 July - Online AMA: Last opportunities to ask us questions about the program before the application closes!
- 13 July - Application Closes
- 19 July - Announcing the winning startup teams!!
- 26 July - First Session at @Tencent Westart
- 4 Oct (TBC) - Public Demo Day
POC discussion has started super quick in the same week after the competition and 2 MTR mentors are assigned to each team to facilitate the process. We are delighted to announce our 5 finalists:
Acoustic Metamaterials, (www.metacoust.com) World’s most efficient sound absorbing technology
HM Environmental Technologies Ltd, (hm-envirotech.com) Green initiatives for a more sustainable future
MTR is also involved in the development of residential and commercial projects, property leasing and management. MTR aims to be an industry leader in creating integrated communities for Hong Kong citizens, with 13 shopping malls in the portfolio and managing over 96,000 residential units.
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. From inspiration to IPO, Techstars exists to empower the world’s most promising entrepreneurs throughout their lifelong journey by providing a global ecosystem made up of tens of thousands of community leaders, founders, mentors, investors, and corporate partners. Techstars’ purpose is embedded in its give first, entrepreneur-centric approach. Every decision that Techstars makes is carried out with the best interest of the entrepreneur in mind.
Tuesday May 15th
Wednesday May 23rd
Tuesday May 29th
Friday July 6th
Friday July 13th
Thursday July 19th
Thursday July 26th
Thursday August 2nd
Monday August 6th
Thursday August 9th
Thursday August 16th
Thursday August 23rd
Thursday August 30th
Thursday September 13th
Thursday September 20th
Thursday September 27th
Wednesday October 3rd
Thursday October 4th
David Tang Chi-Fai
Property Director at MTR
Coaches and Mentors
He is the Regional Manager Greater China for Techstars Startup Programs.
He is co-founding anekdote.co and olea.store
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The #propUP program team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend Hong Kong is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here