Monday, July 16 - September 20, 2018
Monday, July 16 - September 20, 2018
Event starts at 2:00 pm
13/F, Zung Fu Industrial Building
No. 1067 King's Road
MTR opening doors for Startups
#propUP is a Techstars startup program powered by MTR. It is an intensive 8-week program driven by mentors and rooted in Customer Development methodology.
#propUP Program is intended for companies that are developing innovative products and services that can enhance the customer experience, safety, and performance of the shopping malls owned and operated by MTR, in the following two categories:
Innovative technology - services and product that will enhance the customer experience
- Service and experience to generate "new" patronage fro shopping malls (e.g. Store Analytics, Point of Sale, Personalization, In-Store Experience, AI, big data analytics, etc.)
- Service and technology to differentiate MTR malls from other shopping malls (e.g. Retail AR, IoT, self-service concierge by Robots/indoor navigation/AI video monitoring or customer service, etc.)
- New technology that can enhance performance of MTR operational asset (e.g. Sustainable products & services; Prevention of pollution (air, water & waste); Sustainable resource use (resource efficiency & water use);
- New technology that can enhance safety of MTR colleagues/customers/tenants (e.g. OH&S training utilising AR/VR)
Startups are challenged to:
- validate their assumptions,
- search for a repeatable and scalable business model,
- and work with MTR Properties on a proof-of-concept.
Applications are now opened!
- 15 May - Applications Open
- 23 May - Online AMA: Learn More About The Program. Watch the replay HERE
- 6 July - Online AMA: Last opportunities to ask us questions about the program before the application closes!
- 13 July - Application Closes
- 19 July - Announcing the winning startup teams!!
- 23 July - First Online Session
- Sep - Demo Day
Check out the IMPORTANT TIMELINE
MTR is also involved in the development of residential and commercial projects, property leasing and management. MTR aims to be an industry leader in creating integrated communities for Hong Kong citizens, with 13 shopping malls in the portfolio and managing over 96,000 residential units.
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. From inspiration to IPO, Techstars exists to empower the world’s most promising entrepreneurs throughout their lifelong journey by providing a global ecosystem made up of tens of thousands of community leaders, founders, mentors, investors, and corporate partners. Techstars’ purpose is embedded in its give first, entrepreneur-centric approach. Every decision that Techstars makes is carried out with the best interest of the entrepreneur in mind.
Tuesday May 15th
Wednesday May 23rd
Tuesday May 29th
Friday July 6th
Friday July 13th
Thursday July 19th
Monday July 23rd
Thursday July 26th
Monday August 6th
Thursday August 9th
Thursday August 16th
Thursday August 23rd
Thursday August 30th
Thursday September 6th
Thursday September 13th
Wednesday September 19th
Thursday September 20th
David Tang Chi-Fai
Property Director at MTR
Acting Head of Investment Property at MTR
Coaches and Mentors
Acting Chief Property Investment and Management Manager at MTR
Since he joined MTR as a Property Management Trainee, he has took part and led teams at different times responsible for leasing and operations of MTR's shopping mall portfolio including Elements, Telford Plaza, Maritime Square and Beijing Ginza.
On top of his current role, he also leads to explore innovation and new technology initiatives with an aim to strengthen the overall customer services of the property portfolio.
He is the Regional Manager Greater China for Techstars Startup Programs.
He is co-founding anekdote.co and olea.store
Chief Shopping Centre Manager at MTR
Chief Architectural and Project Manager at MTR
Senior Manager, Acceleration Programmes, Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation
Senior Manager, Incubation Programmes, Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The #propUP program team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend Hong Kong is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!