Startup Weekend HKBU 香港浸會大學創業週末 Nov 11-13, 2016
Friday, November 11 - 13, 2016
Friday, November 11 - 13, 2016
Event starts at 7:00 pm
Hong Kong Baptist University
Academic and Administration Building （AAB 609）
- Anyone is welcome to pitch their startup idea and receive feedback from their peers;
- Teams are formed around the top ideas (determined by popular vote);
- Then it’s a 54 hour frenzy of business model creation, coding, designing, and market validation.
- The weekend culminates with presentations in front of local entrepreneurial leaders with another opportunity for critical feedback.
- Whether entrepreneurs found companies, find a cofounder, meet someone new, or learn a skill far outside their usual 9-to-5, everyone is guaranteed to leave the event better prepared to navigate the chaotic but fun world of startups.
- Build your network
- Actually launch a business
- Get face time with thought leaders
- Join a global community
- 所有的參賽者均可 pitch (投售) 他們的創業點子並獲得朋輩的意見;
- 當參賽者將項目在本地的創業領導人前展示, 就是創業週末的頂峰, 並是另一個獲得反饋的機會.
- 無論創業者是想在 9-5 後, 建立公司、找一個共同創始人、認識新朋友或是學習一種新技能, 能保證的是, 所有參賽者都會有更好的準備在混亂但充滿趣味的創業世界裡航行.
To know more about Startup Weekend, please join our HKBU Startup Weekend Bootcamp!
Date: 18 Oct 2016 (Tue)
Friday November 11th
Saturday November 12th
Sunday November 13th
Disability and rehabilitation are issues that Mr. Yip is interested in. He is the founder of “Hong Kong Rehabilitation Power” and “Unleash Foundation”. The former is an organization strives for empowering the disabled to develop and advocating Hong Kong as a barrier-free international city. The latter aims at empowering the minorities to unleash their talents and abilities while at the same time advocating Transcendence, equality and integration which are key values in a world class city such as Hong Kong.
Nelson believes Hong Kong is an international city to communicate and bridge the cultural aspects between China and the World. Culture is the way we think, act and interact. He founded the “China Hong Kong Culture Exchange Association”. Through the Association, culture exchange programs in various aspects were delivered and hundreds people has been equipped to be cultural ambassadors to embrace the understanding on diversity among cultures as well as create inclusiveness and harmony from the difference.
On the entrepreneurial front, Mr. Yip is now the Chief Executive and Director of EP Venture Co. Ltd and Founder of several companies involving in a wide range of industries, with specific interest in green energy, venture business and electronic commerce. He believes “The way we build – we live. The way we live – we are”. He also serves in a number of government and community committees and boards.
- Trade and Industry Advisory Board (TIAB), HKSAR Government - Member
- Council for Sustainable Development - Strategy Sub-committee – Co-opted Member
- Equal Opportunities Commission, HKSAR Government – Executive Committee Member
- Appeal Board Panel (Town Planning)
- Curriculum Development Council Committee on Applied Learning – Member
- Composition of Advisory Committee, OGCIO, HKSAR Government – Co-chairman Recognition Scheme (Scheme) of the Web Accessibility Campaign
- Social Welfare Department, Sub-committee on Promotion of Volunteering in Community Organizations, Central Office for Volunteer Service, Social Welfare Department, HKSAR Government – Member
- Federation of Hong Kong Industries – Technologies Development Committee member
Coaches and Mentors
Yik Man Wong
Senior Lecturer, Department of Management
BBA CUHK, MBA Strathclyde, PhD HKU
Marketing of Non-Profit Organization
Currently, she is a Ph.D. candidate at Hong Kong Baptist University. Her research interests range across several areas within social entrepreneurship, including social enterprises from social capital and resource-based view perspective and social innovation. She is actively involved in social enterprise research.
Erica also participates actively in community services. She serves as a Director of Fullness Social Enterprise Society (FSES) and a Mentor of Microfinance Mentor Scheme at the Hong Kong Mortgage Corporation Limited. She is an Organizing Committee member of Social Entrepreneurship School Education (SENSE) Program, a citywide project targeting secondary school students in Hong Kong, funded by Quality Education Fund in 2014-15 and Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Fund (SIE Fund) of the Commission on Poverty in 2015–18. She is also a Chartered Marketer of Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM).
Strategy and Project Manager at ShareRails
Founder and Managing Director of 3C Ventures
Passionate about technology-enabled disruptive innovation, Olivier was an associate at a pureplay internet consulting firm in San Francisco in 2000. He has since then contributed to the development and funding of innovative projects and companies. Olivier currently serves as an advisor to several startups. He is active within the French Tech Hong Kong hub and is a Startup Committee Member of the Harvard Business School Association of Hong Kong, which organizes an annual startup competition and a series of startup events.
Olivier Cotard graduated from Ecole Centrale de Lille (B.Sc., M.Sc., Mechanical & Electrical Engineering) and Harvard Business School (MBA). He has also studied at the Technische Universität München and the Beijing International Studies University.
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend HKBU 香港浸會大學創業週末 Nov 11-13, 2016 team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend Hong Kong is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
Previously, He was the Growth Manager at The Wave, a vibrant community for startups and was a Co-founder and Analytics Director of Cloudbreakr, an Ad-tech startup, focused on social media analytics and influencer marketing. He graduated from The University of Bath in Mathematical Science and received a master degree in Marketing from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
He is deeply involved in helping both young founders and the startup community thrive. He always put forward new ideas if only more time to implement them. In his spare time he loves playing football, cooking pasta and transform his imaginations into reality by Lego.
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!