Startup Weekend Aarhus Health 2016
Friday, February 12 - 14, 2016
Friday, February 12 - 14, 2016
Event starts at 5:00 pm
VIA University College Aarhus Campus N, Hedeager 2, 8200 Aarhus N
Your opportunity to make a dream come true
Then join Startup Weekend Aarhus Health for a 54 hours fun startup event about idea generation, business model creation, coding, designing, and market validation.
If you have a business idea, this is your chance to go ahead with it and form an awesome team. If you are simply an entrepreneurial passionate with no idea currently, you can come and join someone else’s team. It is all about the start-up spirit!
Who should attend Statup Weekend Aarhus Health?
Come join us if you are a nurse, programmer, designer, doctor, developer, marketer, researcher, physiotherapist, student, engineer, work in a company, social care helper, entrepreneurial spirit or a whole third.
Why should you attend?
- Expand your network
- Gain insight into competences different from your own
- Enjoy good food for a whole weekend – for next to no money
- Find out what it takes to get from idea to action to results in 54 hours
- Get advice from mentors from established businesses
- Find future partners – and with some luck – the idea you will be partners on
- Be seen by potential customers and investors
- Have great fun
Why Startup Weekend Health?
This Startup Weekend puts the spotlight on Health because it offers both huge challenges in our society as well as great business potentials. Our goal is to bring together the healthcare community, designers, IT-profiles and entrepreneurs to facilitate the formation of new ideas.
You can sleep for free at the event venue. You need to bring a sleeping bag and/or blanket.
If you want to watch the final pitches and celebrate the winners bye a Sunday ticket which includes a sandwich and drinks.
Friday February 12th
Saturday February 13th
Sunday February 14th
• Management and Board experience
• Investment and development experience from venture capital
• Professional network and relations in the biotech, medtech and pharma industry and at Universities
• Bridging the gap between different cultures and segments (university, industry, hospitals)
• Commercial, scientific and strategic experience in building organizations and product pipelines
• Focus on business development and business intelligence in high-tech companies
• Healthcare, medtech and life science experience
• Network and knowledge on Danish and European venture capital industry
• Driver of processes and negotiations
• International experience
• Communication and sale of business concepts
Coaches and Mentors
In Denmark, approximately 12.000 children are placed in institutions such as residence homes and child care families. To support the development of the child in the best possible way, it is an absolute necessity to write down and document the many different aspects of the child/family's development. All this is possible with Doegndata’s IT-solution - SofusCare.
All of Doegndata’s solutions are very simple, manageable and easy to learn. Any employee can use the SofusCare systems, and no additional education is required.
Business developer at FinnStoy.dk Aps. Experienced leader, advisor and investor in IT companies.
Furthermore Finn was chairman of the board and investor in healthcare IT company Cetrea. Cetrea was started in 2007 and sold to the Getinge / Maquet group in July 2014. Finn has previously had a 20 year career at IBM with a final position as branch manager in Aarhus. From 2004 to 2012 Finn was CEO for IT Forum – the biggest network of IT-companies in Denmark”
Through his current company http://happy42.dk/, Lasse is currently mentor for a number of startups around the world, and advisor to a handful of large corporations including some Fortune 500 companies. Bonus info is that Lasse’s mom thinks that he’s is the best son in the world.
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend Aarhus Health 2016 team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend Aarhus is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
Michel supports organisations and entrepreneurs developing cooperation, agility, innovation and a sustainable performance. Actively involved in multiple startup communities, he coaches startups and animates hackathons and conferences. He collaborates with accelerators, incubators, business schools and public institutions in Europe.
Michel is Facilitator at Startup Weekend, author of the Hackathon Canvas and co-author of ParticipAgile.