Techstars Startup Weekend Berlin
Friday, November 17 - 19, 2017
Friday, November 17 - 19, 2017
Event starts at 6:00 pm
No Talk, All Action! Build a Business in Just a 54 Hours!
Have you ever seen a new product, app, or business and thought to yourself, "that was my idea a few years ago"? If you have, that means you did not have a process for taking that idea from concept to creation.
Startup Weekend is your chance to learn how to take any idea from concept to creation within a matter of days! Whether you are looking to...
- Get introduced to the world of startups and entrepreneurship
- Learn the process for going from concept to creation
- Meet experienced, talented, and passionate entrepreneurs
- Join or build an all-star team
- Learn and practice new skills to take back to your job or
- Take your own idea from concept to creation
It doesn't matter what you do or where you come from, Startup Weekend is designed as an inclusive event and program that brings all sorts of people together including...
- aspiring & experienced entrepreneurs
- developers and other tech-related professionals
- designers of all types
- non-technical talent (i.e. business, sales, finance, legal, etc.)
- students from colleges, universities, and even high schools
- professionals looking to switch careers or build new skills
- passionate visionaries
- and many more!
- Access to the full weekend-long event
- Opportunity to pitch your idea on Friday night @ Pitch Fire
- Mentoring by all-stars from the tech startup community
- Tasty meals all weekend
- Collaboration with awesome technical professionals
- All-star judges panel lead by startup leaders
- Membership in the Startup Weekend Community (>200K alumni)
- Interactive post-event workshops
- A process for taking any idea from concept to creation in a matter of days, and
- Over 100 kick-ass new friends!
If you have an idea for a startup, then great! We hope you pitch for the weekend. If you don't have an idea, that's quite all right! Come and spend the weekend, listen to the ideas being pitched, and see if something strikes your interest! The weekend is all about learning about the startup ideation process and from your peers. If you have more questions, check out the Startup Weekend First Timers FAQ!
Come join us for a very special weekend!
- Will this event be in English or German? English
Friday November 17th
Saturday November 18th
Sunday November 19th
She is a co-founder at heycater!, one of Germany’s leading VC-backed online marketplaces for food catering. At heycater!, she was leading product management and technical development as the company’s CPO. Her educational background is in management and technology from LMU Munich, CDTM and UC Berkeley. Between 2009 and 2014, Miriam played an active role connecting young entrepreneurs across the globe and founded StartUp Weekend Munich, StartUp Weekend UC Berkeley and the German chapter of the Kairos Society.
The SAP.iO fund invests in early stage startups that can leverage SAP APIs, data sets, business content and/or platform technologies. The SAP.iO Foundry is a global network of accelerators providing deep, programmatic mentorships to startups.
Coaches and Mentors
Worked in advertisement & marketing for big corporates, transitioned into PR & communications for education startups. Currently managing communications for EDUvation, an edtech Business Angel. Co-founder of EduHeroes Club, a platform building a bridge between traditional education and the professional world. Her quest: Engaging with entrepreneurs and specialists, fostering innovation and dynamic exchange of ideas with a mission to challenge and improve learning as we know it.
Her superpowers are: Communications, Community, Marketing, Finance, Strategies, Education.
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Techstars Startup Weekend Berlin team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Food & Drinks Sponsors
Techstars Startup Weekend Berlin is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here