Sunday Presentation Startup Weekend Saarbrücken
This post originally appeared on blog.up.co
While there are no specific requirements in terms of what teams should have accomplished by Sunday, it’s in your best interest to plan your execution around what you’ll be judged for on Sunday: Customer Validation, Business Model, and Execution (see below). As far as presenting goes, some of the most common presentations include any combination of the following (in no particular order):
◦ Wireframes or fully developed website;
◦ Mobile Apps (from mock-ups to skeletons to fully functional)
◦ Slide decks (Powerpoint, Keynote, Prezi, etc.)
◦ Videos (i.e. product demonstrations, etc.), Live product demos or skits
- Did the team get out and talk to customers?
- Are they actually solving a problem?
- What’s their clear value proposition to that customer?
- Have they identified a specific target market?
- Execution and Design:
- Did they work well as a team?
- Did they have an MVP or prototype (paper is ok) to present?
- How functional was the demo?
- Was the usability of the product easy and friendly? Design Matters!
- Business Model:
- Does their solution solve a core need/problem?
- Did they present a value proposition
- Is it unique?
- How will they differentiate themselves from their competition (did they identify competition)?
- What is the go-to-market/launch strategy?
- How will they make money?
- What is the user acquisition model?