10 reasons why SW Social Innovation Bengaluru is extra-special
This post originally appeared on blog.up.co
- This is India’s first Startup Weekend with the theme as Social Innovation. It is being organized by professionals in the social enterprise sector to bring the Lean Startup philosophy to disrupt the Social Enterprise sector. We are proud to partner with Intuit, UnLtd Tamil Nadu and Unitus Seed Fund.
- In the global Editions Month contest, Startup Weekend Social Innovation has grabbed the second place from among entries from 11 different countries for having the right story, getting the right people to the event and starting community conversations! And yes, the organizers have won a free trip to the Blackstone Community Symposium in Madrid, Spain! Read the story that won the prize here (http://story.socialinnovation.org.in/).
- We have a diverse set of judges. Their specialties are across all of these domains: Entrepreneur turned Corporate Leader, Management Consultant turned Founder of India’s first truly Eco-labelled e-store, one of India’s most active Impact Angel Investors, a Social Auditor and Educator, a renowned Visual Artist and Designer and a true-blue Venture Capitalist!
- Our mentors and coaches span across Industries and have earned their mettle. We have a CTO-Venture Fund Partner – Creative Community founder all rolled into one, a founding organizer of Startup Weekend in India and Founder of an Analytics firm, an expert in Bioinformatics and Biotechnology, an accidental but successful entrepreneur healing broken hearts, a strategy consultant in gender inclusion and education, a team of investment consultant from a seed-stage Venture fund that invests in startups innovating for the masses of India.
- Thanks to the generosity of our Partner, Intuit India, our participants can stay overnight and work through the 54 hours, with food, shelter and entertainment taken care of!
- Thanks to UnLtd Tamil Nadu, our Resource Partner, we have a truly diverse set of participants. We have participants coming in from places as different as Auroville and a tribal community in Tamil Nadu!
- Thanks to Unitus Seed Fund, we have a fantastic representation from the Investing team to coach, identify and possibly incubate the most promising team at the event!
- There are gifts for all participants. Everyone gets a .CO domain courtesy .CO and $500 credits on Google Cloud!
- The winning teams are eligible for the “Who is On Board” test by edge, complimentary delegate passes to The August Fest and membership to BeaglesLoft, a playground for innovators and artists, to accelerate progress, make beautiful things and develop big ideas.
- On 30th May, Saturday, we will facilitate interactions between Social Enterprises and the participants, so that we make this event truly meaningful.