Be there at the Social Innovation Meetup – 6th December 2014
This post originally appeared on blog.up.co
We are delighted to invite you and your friends to the Social Innovation Meetup on 6th December between 5:30 and 9 p.m at BeaglesLoft.
The first event will be held in association with BeaglesLoft, the playground for innovators in the heart of Bangalore. It will involve:
- Ice breaker and networking
- Intro to a problem (“last mile distribution”) by a leading social Startup (Essmart Global)
- Design thinking workshop/Group work
- Presentation of solutions/prototypes
- “Assignment” asking the groups to do research into a problem close to them —> leads to second event.
All of the details of the meetup are available at: http://www.meetup.com/Bangalore-Social-Innovation-Meetup/events/218957632/
Our main objective is to facilitate cross-pollination between people from the Development/NGO sector, Start-up folks and Corporates.
We also want to keep our participants engaged beyond the normal Startup-Weekend style formats.
We think that it is especially important when dealing with complicated social problems that there is both a “lead-in” and “follow-up” phase so that participants have the time to really delve into the problem they are trying to solve before they attempt to build anything.
Then, once they finish the Startup Weekend they are given the support network and guidance needed to keep their project alive.
The main event page is here!