Startup Weekend Chennai 2017
Friday, April 14 - 16, 2017
Friday, April 14 - 16, 2017
Event starts at 6:30 pm
First Floor, Block B
SP Infocity, 40 MGR Salai, Perungudi
It's time to get your hands dirty! - A complete Startup Experience
What is Startup Weekend?Startup Weekend is a global grassroots movement of active and empowered entrepreneurs who are learning the basics of launching startups and initiating successful ventures. It is the largest community of passionate entrepreneurs with over 1800 past events in 120 countries around the world since 2015.
Be prepared to drown yourself in the perfect aura of awesomeness and creativity. Meet the best minds of the city working and creating the next revolution.
- Friday: Attendees pitch their ideas and inspire others to join their teams. Teams are therefore formed to work on the best ideas.
- Saturday and Sunday: Startup Chennai is where you debate, build, pitch and build some more. Teams will focus on building a prototype of their idea/product. During this period teams will also focus on customer development, validating their ideas, practising LEAN Startup methodologies and building a minimum viable product.
- Sunday: Teams demo their prototypes and receive valuable feedback from a panel of experts.
Who can Participate?Think of a typical Startup Weekend session as a hackathon with a strong emphasis on business and design. Your prior educational qualifications or stream is not a matter of great importance. We are on the hunt for passion for innovation. Typical crowd of Startup Weekend consists of
- Hackers and Nerds who can code with speed and skill.
- Domain experts and Business people who are well-versed on the market needs.
- Designers with strong aesthetics and strong UI, UX skills.
- Hustlers who can drive the project and can pitch their idea with passion looking to build a fantastic team around their idea.
Why should you join Chennai Startup Weekend?
- Access to a strong network of young aspiring entrepreneurs, well-established CEOs of Chennai and amazing angel investors.
- Think, conceive and deliver a product over a weekend. It’s just the energy in the Startup Weekend environment that makes you super productive. Make your dreams a reality.
- Get one-on-one time with the movers and shakers in your community. Local tech and startup leaders participate in Startup Weekends as coaches and judges.
- Startup Weekend alumni span across several continents and scores of cities.
Receive some amazing entrepreneurial goodies.Each Startup Weekend Chennai Team gets:
- 300$ worth of Google Cloud Platform credits to build mobile and web apps.
- Free .co domain.
- 15% off of on Vimeo Business.
What's in it for the Winners?
- A chance to be incubated under PayPal Think Tank.
- A chance to be Incubated under IIT-M Incubation Center.
- Free One-year TiE-Membership
- 20% off on GSuite (Google Apps for Business) powered by 365 Degrees
Whether entrepreneurs find companies, find a cofounder, meet someone new, or learn a skill far outside their usual 9-to-5, everyone is guaranteed to leave the event better prepared to navigate the chaotic but fun world of startups. If you want to put yourself in the shoes of an entrepreneur, register now for the best weekend of your life!
SEE WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUTLEARN MORE
Friday April 14th
Saturday April 15th
Sunday April 16th
v-shesh also provides design and execution related services for products and services targeted at individuals from low income/ disadvantaged communities. v-shesh’s work in disablity inclusion has won recognitions by way of 2013 NCPEDP Shell Helen Keller Award for Workplace Disablity inclusion and 2014 NCPEDP Mphasis Award fro Universal Design.
As co-founder, I am jointly responsible for building a business that delivers both market aligned returns and social impact.
Prior experience as a business and development sector practitioner with over fourteen years of experience in incubating, leading and managing a diverse range of investments and research assignments in the public as well as private sector.
Held a variety of knowledge leadership roles such as financial structuring of a green field automobile project, promoting governance reforms in public utilities, building strategic framework for institutional reforms.
Keen and deep interest in disability issues, microfinance, socially responsible investment, financial inclusion and education.
Senior Incubation Associate & Communications Manager at IIT-M Incubation Cell
Presently working with IITMadras Incubation Cell with a vision to make IITM Start-up ecosystem the best in the country. I have a strong understanding of start-up ecosystem in India and good connection to the various stakeholders- TBI's, Government, angel networks, VC's, accelerators, seed funds, and other startup ecosystem players.
I am also actively involved in the Marketing & Strategy initiatives of IITMadras Research Park (IITMRP), which is the first University Based Research Park in India. Vision of IITMRP is to create a platform for industry, academia and start-up ecosystem to foster innovation. IITMRP is house to R&D divsion of 61 Indian and Global companies like TCS, Saint Gobain, DRDO, Titan to name a few.
As Senior Incubation Associate, my responsibilities include reviewing the new startup applications and do a due diligence, monitoring the performance of start-ups and reviewing their progress and making the right connections to relevant mentors, Industry experts, Angel network & VC's. I also head the Marketing & Communication for IIT Madras Incubators.
I love to learn about new technologies and help start-ups with their business challenges.
Coaches and Mentors
- Stanford University Rajeev Motwani Young Entrepreneur Fellow
- Building a high energy team of engineers, product managers and designers from ground up.
- Leadership in Product Strategy/ Growth Planning / Program Management with strong experience in envisioning, developing and managing internet & mobile products using latest technologies.
- Currently leading the Product strategy, Roadmap and Growth plans of a technology start-up in personalized search/recommendation space.
- Played key role in raising investments and managing the overall strategy to grow the company, along with my Co-Founder.
- Expertise include product/program management of large product features/solutions, managing product delivery lifecycle from end to end. Developed solutions with insights in user experience to work seamlessly on mobile and web platforms.
5) Company descriptions - The Climber is an ed-tech startup incubated in IIM-B which helps students discover and pursue their passion. Our main product is MyCaptain, an online youth mentoring youth program where young achievers guide and mentor high school and college students who share the same career aspirations. MyCaptain is now recognised by the United Nations as one of the top 50 Youth led initiatives in the world in their UN SDSN report.
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend Chennai 2017 team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend Chennai is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!