Startup Weekend Imphal
Friday, May 26 - 28, 2017
Friday, May 26 - 28, 2017
Event starts at 2:30 pm
Nibiaa Consultancy Pvt. Ltd.
4th Floor L.I Shopping Complex
Singjamei, Near Singjamei Super-Market
Build a company in just 54 Hours !!!
- Are you one of those nerdy coders and designers who can give visionary ideas the required aesthetic appeal?
- Would you like to get involved in a 54 hour mission to build a start-up?
You are at the right place!!
1. What is Startup Weekend?
- Startup Weekend is a non-profit global network of passionate leaders and entrepreneurs, based in Seattle, Washington who organizes 54-hour events across the globe on a mission to inspire, educate and empower individuals, teams and communities to share ideas, form teams and launch startups. Currently , we have the following stats :-
2. What is Startup Weekend Imphal Chapter?
- Startup Weekend Imphal is a general edition of a 54-hour event where developers, designers and business development folks come together to pitch a raw idea, which could be in any vertical/theme like Technology, Education, Healthcare, Environment,Telecommunications, Petrochemicals Pharmaceuticals, Tourism, etc. and work on building a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) thus propelling them to take their ideas to the next stage of launching a business, all in one weekend. It is a great opportunity to test startup ideas/hypothesis, meet potential co-founders, build a powerful community in Imphal and launch your next startup! This weekend will be a priceless opportunity to pitch the ideas in front of local entrepreneurial leaders and evolve them with their critical feedback and aids from coaches.
3. How does it works?
- 26th May, 2017 Friday: Come pitch your ideas, convince other participants to join your team and take forth your ideas
- 27th May, 2017 Saturday: Debate, build, pitch! Take critical feedback and aid from highly experienced coaches and embark on a journey to build prototype of your idea/product. Test your hypothesis with specific focus on product development, customer-eccentric approach, LEAN Startup methodologies and in building a minimum viable product (MVP)
- 28th May, 2017 Sunday: Finally, demonstrate your prototype and enroll business plan in front of a panel of industry experts
4. Who can participate?
- Startup Weekend attracts the best makers and do-ers. You want to be the boss of your company or stand in the the queue like the masses? Your call!!
5. Any stringent educational qualification(s)?
- Your prior educational qualifications or stream doesn't matter at all. Do you have a passion to innovate? You are at the right place!!
- Typical crowd of Startup Weekend consists of
• Hustlers who can drive the project and can pitch their ideas with passion looking to build a fantastic team around their idea
• Domain experts and business guys who understand the market need on the tips of their fingers
• Designers with a strong aesthetics and UI, UX skills
• Hackers and Nerds with an energy to code with speed and skill
• Founders looking for Investments and Consultation
6. Why should you join Imphal Startup Weekend?
- Build a strong network of young aspiring entrepreneurs, well established CEO’s of Manipur and a network amazing angel investors
- Launch a business: Over 36% of Startup Weekends are still going strong after 3 months. Roughly 80% of participants plan on continuing working with their team or startup prototype after the weekend
- Get one-on-one time with the movers and shakers of your community
- Join a global alumni community that span across several continents and scores of cities
- Think, conceive & deliver a product. It’s the energy in the Startup Weekend environment that makes you super productive
Come to find new entrepreneurs, companies, co-founders or extend your professional network or learn a new skill far outside the usual 9-to-5 job. We guarantee everyone will leave the event better prepared to navigate the chaotic but fun world of startups!!
- There will be highly skilled coaches and mentors for each day and judges/investors on the last day
- Top 3 ideas and best presentations will be awarded an attractive PRIZE
- If you are looking for co-founders, investors or any business incubator, business accelerator, you are at the right place!
Let's build !!
Please share the event with all the entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs who would like to pitch their ideas.
Feel free to check out this video for more information:http://vimeo.com/32424882.
Setup for Success Before/After Startup Weekend
Friday May 26th
Saturday May 27th
Sunday May 28th
Coaches and Mentors
CEO & Co-Founder at Swerve
He is also a Director in the following companies:
1. Swel Finvest Private Limited (a Non Banking Financial Company)
2. YVU Milk Producer Company Limited
3. Leichal Media & Entertainment Private Limited.
Regarding his education background, he completed MBA from Indian Institute of Planning and Management, New Delhi. He also studied Master of Professional Accounting at La Trobe University, Melbourne.
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend Imphal team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Startup Weekend Imphal is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!