Startup Weekend Madurai
Friday, May 24 - 26, 2019
Friday, May 24 - 26, 2019
Event starts at 5:00 pm
Elcot IT Park
Airport-Mattuthavani Ring Rd
Startup Weekend Madurai
We're in cITy ! Startup Weekend Madurai (24 May - 26 May) 2019
What is Startup Weekend Madurai?
Startup Weekend Madurai is for everyone who wishes to make a difference. Teams are formed around the top ideas (as determined by popular vote) and then it’s a 54 hour frenzy of business model creation, coding, designing, and market validation. All teams are presented with the opportunity to hear talks by industry leaders and receive valuable feedback from local entrepreneurs. The weekend is centered around action, innovation, fun and learning.
As already mentioned, anyone and everyone is welcome! Typical crowd of Startup Weekend consists of:
1.Developers and Hackers who can code with sublime tempo and expertise.
2.Domain experts and Business people who are proficient on the market needs.
3.Designers with impregnable aesthetics and strong UI & UX skills.
4.Hustlers who can steer the project and can pitch their idea with ardor, looking to build a team around their idea.
You get a chance to meet smart and passionate people from different backgrounds. Following the start of the event, you get your idea validated with the very best industry mentors and get to equip yourself with the right tools to help build your startup idea. You’ll find yourself working towards creating a business at the end, and connecting with the right people and resources to begin your entrepreneurial journey. All of these happen over the 54 hour Weekend!
Each participant will get:
- An exclusive .Co domain including the hosting for a year- FREE!
- $3000 worth Google Cloud Platform credits to build mobile and web apps.
- Startup Planner offer 3 months of free membership for all the visitors & 6 months membership for all the hackathon participants.
- $5000 Worth AWS Credits for each teams go live with in a month
- Exclusive Startup Weekend goodies and SWAGS.
- A well designed community inspired T-shirt.
- Official Startup Weekend Certificate!
- Coffee, Snacks-available all day to power up your brain.
- Unlimited gourmet buffet food over the course of the weekend (that's 7 meals!)
- 'Startup Weekend Madurai' Title Winner
- Free Co-working space By 625001.in
- Free Legal & Compliance Support
- Cyber security support for Product By ServWing
- Winners Weekend Trip Sponsored By The Holiday Navigator
- Mentors Connect
- Investors Connect & Funding from Blaze Ventures & Madurai Angel Networks
- Our Facebook page : @SWMadurai
- Our Twitter account : @swmadurai
- Our LinkedIn account : @SWMadurai
- Our Instagram account : @SWMadurai
- Our YouTube account : @SWMadurai
- Our Medium blogs: @jayavilla12
- At Startup Weekend Madurai, we firmly believe that the most ground-breaking products are created at night, when the rest of the world is in deep slumber. Join us to experience what its like to work on ‘a single idea’ that could change your life forever.
Come, experience the best weekend of your life.
Friday May 24th
Saturday May 25th
Sunday May 26th
Mr. Nagaraj was part of the CII - YI’s 25 young entrepreneurs represented India in the G20 Young Entrepreneurship Summit held at Niece – France (2011) and Mexico City – Mexico (2012).
Mr. Nagaraj was the Founder Chairman of Young Indians - CII, Madurai Chapter. He was the National Chair for Employability & Skills in Yi – CII and the Vertical Chair for Education & Skills in CII Madurai Zone. Currently, he is active member of the CII National HR Committee and CII Tamil Nadu Panel on Special Initiatives.
Co-Founder of Magzter & Managing Director and CEO of Dot Com Infoway (Galatta.com), one of India’s premier IT services company.It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to head an IT company, but it takes an entrepreneurial mastermind to transform obstacles into opportunities in the software industry.When Venkatesh C.R. entered the web space in 1996, the Internet was still a distant new technology in India. It was a time when Google was just born, Microsoft was still crawling and Apple was learning to walk. Internet was unheard of in tier II cities like Madurai. But passion makes headway through any thick and thin, and Venkatesh’s interest in emerging web technologies made him pioneer the Internet revolution in Madurai. As President of Internet Users Community of India (Madurai Chapter) for four years from April 1996 to June 2000, Venkatesh C.R. was instrumental in bringing Internet access to Madurai.
VC, A student of Avichi High School, and the Institution of Engineers (1984-1989), Venkatesh worked as Manager in Megatech Control P Ltd (1989-1996); Manager Automation in SRA Systems Ltd (1996-1998); Managing Director of CVIAC (1998-1999); Manager in Cimac (2000-2001); and Head R&D Automotive in Satyam Computer Services Ltd (2001-2012). Venkatesh is Founder Trustee of Schools for India Trust, started in December 2004. After serving as Co Chairman of Confederation of Indian Industry’s Chennai Aero Park Committee (2009-2010), he is currently Co-Chairman of TN Manufacturing and Services Task Force.
Expertise in Healthcare Systems, Internet Technologies, Mobile Technologies, User Experience, Digital Streaming, Analytics & Big data, Customer Support and Marketing Functions.
Coaches and Mentors
His goal, vision and dream has been to build that gap between the immense technical possibilities and desparate needs of people, businesses and organizations. Murali has an excellent exposure to emerging technology. He constantly identifies technical advancements and has an innate ability to connect such advancements to every day needs of his audience.
Here is the reason for his success. He is quite fast with his R&D, quite nimble to adopt to the changing needs, and absolutely professional to take the right steps to arrive at solutions. Today, Murali is a seasoned professional with hands – on experience to develop excellent solutions.
He is able to conceive unique, cost-effective and practical solutions for not just MNC’s and large corporates, but also for the common man, whose needs are hardly addressed by the technology companies. That is his vision and his goal and he strives to achieve it.
Mentor of Change for Atal Innovation Mission by NITI Aayog and give back to the nation.
Mentor of Change is strategic nation building initiative to engage leaders who can guide and mentor students in thousands of Atal Tinkering Labs that Atal Innovation Mission has established / is in the process of establishing across India.
• Delivered 20+ Productivity Applications from Ideation, Concept, Design, and Execution to Maintenance for Aero Engineering Mechanical and Avionics domain.
• Strong product & domain skills – Product Lifecycle Management(PLM) (1 year till date), Software Verification and Validation Automation (3 years), Testing and Database practices (3 years), Aerospace Mechanical tools (10 years)
• Experienced in building and leading large teams (65+ members) with diversified skills including system, platforms and DevOps practices across multiple locations
• A dynamic leader, built teams from kick start to seasoned execution - Experienced the opportunity to build teams and systems from scratch. He loves books.
As a Technical Director in software development, she defines the Technological Strategy in conjunction with the development team of each product. An excellent business strategist who plans and manages the projects aligned with the business goals.
She loves spending time with Family and she is a wonderful Cook.
His proven ability to conduct creative analysis and design best-fit solutions for multifaceted campaigns including interactive media, product design, digital photo manipulation, web design and web development. He assisted clients from all backgrounds and industries to design and implement thoughtful and impactful Branding tools to grow their business.
As a detail oriented individual with a passion of excellence, I am formatted in listening to client’s needs, then analyzing and implementing the best designed solution.
As the Associate Vice President of Technology, Prasanna is responsible for and taking care of Technology and Architectural Governance across all the assignment in SMI portfolio. He always ensures that the deliveries out of SMI meets and stays above the industry standards in terms of Quality, Effort and Stability.
A person who tries to live by the quote, “The best way to advise someone, is by being an example”.
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend Madurai team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Outreach & Ecosystem
Techstars Startup Weekend Madurai is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here