Startup Weekend Mumbai
Friday, September 16 - 18, 2016
Friday, September 16 - 18, 2016
Event starts at 6:30 pm
OF10 Coworking Space
Prudential Ground Floor
Hiranandani Gardens, Powai
Startup Weekend Mumbai - Build your own startup in 54 hours
Startup Weekends are 54-hour events designed to provide superior experiential education for technical and non-technical entrepreneurs. The weekend events are centered on action, innovation, and education. Beginning with Friday night pitches and continuing through testing, business model development, and basic prototype creation, Startup Weekends culminate in Sunday night demos to a panel of potential investors and local entrepreneurs. Participants are challenged with building functional startups during the event and are able to collaborate with like-minded individuals outside of their daily networks.
Who you’ll meet at Startup Weekend:
Startup Weekends attendees’ backgrounds are roughly
- 50% technical (developers, coders, designers)
- 50% business (marketing, finance, law).
Why people come to Startup Weekend:
29% of Startup Weekend participants attend an event to network,
20% attend to develop/build a product
13% attend to learn how to create a new venture.
After the conference is over, roughly 80% of attendees plan on continuing to work on their startup after the weekend.
What you’ll get out of the event:
- Education: Startup Weekends are all about learning by doing, whether you’re learning a new skill or a new way of thinking. Don’t just listen to theory, build your own strategy and test it as you go.
- Co-Founder Dating: The people who come to Startup Weekend are serious about learning how to build and launch startups. Create relationships that last long past the weekend.
- Have fun: During the weekend working alongside awesome people who share your ideas. Startup Weekend is meant to be fun and entertaining so enjoy it.
- Solve local problems with your ideas. Do you think that one of your idea can change your town or have a positive impact in your group of people? Bring your idea notebook with you and start making a positive change in your local community.
- Build Your Network: Startup Weekend works hard to recruit high quality, driven entrepreneurs- like you!
- Learn New Skills: With a whole weekend dedicated to letting your creative juices flow, Startup Weekends are perfect opportunities to work on a new platform, learn a new programming language, or give marketing a try. With nothing to lose there’s no reason not to step outside your comfort zone.
- Learn How to Launch a Business (and Actually Do It!): Startup Weekend is the epitome of Lean Startup Methodology.
- Mentorship: Local tech and startup leaders participate in Startup Weekends and give feedback to participants. Interact with the movers and shakers in your community.
- Get Access to Valuable Startup Resources: By participating in Startup Weekend you are given instant access to great products and tools. No one leaves Startup Weekend empty handed! Click here to learn more about some of the offers our Global Sponsors provide during the event.
- Save Money: Startup Weekends are affordable (typically Rs 3000, only Rs 1500 for students). Your ticket includes seven meals, snacks, and all the coffee you can drink.
Startup Weekend has hosted events in countries all over the world.
Setup for Success Before/After Startup Weekend
Friday September 16th
Saturday September 17th
Sunday September 18th
Coaches and Mentors
In 2012, he started A-Team Business Consulting (A-Team), a Design Strategy Consulting service, via which, he and a small team of external consultants and senior advisors bring to clients, over 197 years of collective experience spanning industries and specializations. To date, the A-Team has had the privilege of serving over 30 enterprising companies in India, Hong Kong, Singapore, Oman and Abu Dhabi.
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend Mumbai team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend Mumbai is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!