Gymy, 11th Hour, Edutrade and other ideas at #SWDub
This post originally appeared on blog.up.co
It's lift off at the April edition of Startup Weekend Dublin and the ideas to go through the weekend are finally decided on.
Day 1 saw participants get into the #SWDub spirit with Half Baked. The winner Prison Post, a paper based social network to help inmates get ready for the world outside won.
The game is however over and it's time to get down to business. 32 ideas were pitched and after voting these 11 have emerged as those to be worked on during the weekend:
1. Gymy - Airbnb for Gyms
2. Health Assist - Health professional directory with online booking
3. Car Safari - Keeping kids engaged while on a long journey
4. Sober Sean - Uber-type service to get you and your car home after a night out
5. Be My Hermes - Last mile postal service via commuters
6. 11th Hour - Connecting local businesses with last minute temporary/shift workers
7. Skills Bank - Peer to peer skills swap
8. Startup Compost - Liquidation platform and knowledge repository for failed startups
9. Twirle - Social network connecting shoppers from the fitting room to fashion enthusiast
10. Xiron - Virtual coaching platform for gaming
11. Local Mi - Connecting customers to local businesses
The teams have been formed and it's time to get into the trenches to validate ideas, build products, get customers, and priceless feedback from our on-the-ground and virtual mentors.
Many thanks to our sponsor Domino Pizza, Google for Entrepreneurs, DCU Ryan Academy, Bank of Ireland, and The T-Shirt Company for the support so far.
Keep up with the action on twitter via hashtag - #SWDub.