Startup Weekend Gorey
Friday, February 23 - 25, 2018
Friday, February 23 - 25, 2018
Event starts at 6:30 pm
The Hatch Lab
M11 Business Park
Get ready for 54 hours of building awesome startups!
The hardest part of starting up is starting out. At Startup Weekend, you'll be immersed in the ideal environment for startup magic to happen.
Surrounded by smart, passionate people and with the best tools and approaches at your disposal, you’ll take giant leaps toward creating a business, becoming a founder, and connecting with the right people and resources.
Sponsored by Bank of Ireland and The Hatch Lab
Who is Startup Weekend Gorey for?The format allows for people of all backgrounds to take part and contribute! In fact the more diversity the better the ideas!
- aspiring & experienced entrepreneurs
- developers and other tech-related professionals
- designers of all types
- non-technical talent (i.e. business, sales, finance, legal, tourism etc.)
- students from universities and even schools
- professionals looking to switch careers or build new skills
- and passionate visionaries
- lifelong learners
- get introduced to the world of startups and entrepreneurship
- learn the process of going from concept to creation
- meet experienced, talented, and passionate entrepreneurs in Kilkenny, Ireland
- join or build an all-star team
- make meaningful connections and become part of a global community
- learn and practice new skills to take back to your job or beef up your resume
What you get with your ticket
- Access to the full weekend-long event
- Opportunity to pitch your idea on Friday night
- Access to specialist speakers
- Mentoring by all-stars from the travel and startup communities
- Tasty meals all weekend
- Collaboration with awesome innovation professionals from throughout Ireland
- All-star judge's panel led by startup and innovation leaders
- Membership in the Startup Weekend Community (>200K alumni)
- A process for taking any idea from concept to creation in a matter of days
- 6 months Appear.in premium account (worth €60+)
- Free .co domain (worth €30+)
- Free trial of Google Cloud Platform
- Startup Weekend Gorey swag
Friday February 23rd
Saturday February 24th
Sunday February 25th
He has extensive experience across digital banking, the payments industry and innovation in financial products. He has been responsible for Credit Card and Current Account product strategies and has delivered multiple new retail products to the Irish market.
His recent role in Bank of Ireland looks at long term planning, consumer behaviour changes, market planning and incubation and integration of fintech and innovative start-ups.
A creative, innovative and results focused business leader with over 35 years’ experience in the Information Technology sector. Current position is CEO of eXpd8 Ltd., an Irish based company offering cloud based practice and case management software for legal firms worldwide.
In 2014 Liam joined the founders of VersAccounts as CEO Europe, VersAccounts is a new cloud ERP solution and Liam played a strategic role in getting investors on board and growing the business.
Prior to this Liam was CEO for Sage Ireland where he brought Sage from being an unknown brand in 2002 to being the dominant market leading business management Software Company in Ireland. During his 13 years tenure at Sage Liam acquired and integrated 4 companies.
Liam established Sage
Technologies in 2002 originally as an intellectual property business. In
subsequent years he transformed this from an R&D centre into a Global
SageCRM business, headquartered in Dublin serving Sage Companies worldwide with
CRM Cloud solution hosting centres in US and Europe.
His passion for people and customers is the
cornerstone of his successful leadership over many years.
Coaches and Mentors
Research Engineer - UCD (Also Forbes 30 Under 30!)
Richard is the proud owner of one failed company and one that is growing rapidly. At 31 years of age Richard previously spent 8 years working as a Quantity Surveyor and Project Manager on projects valued at over $500 million in Australia before returning to Ireland in September 2014 to step on the entrepreneurial journey. His first business was MyMoodandMe, which won national acclaim, and this is where he won Wexford’s Best Young Entrepreneur in 2015 and was also successful on Dragons Den.
However, the technology built was not scalable and the branding was not quite right. He decided to return to the drawing board. MyMoodandMe was Richard’s best business lesson. Richard had €-4.67 in his bank account just before the launch of Zevo Health in September 2017 and is now proud to have a staff of 8 people and growing at a faster pace than ever imagined.
He has broken into the UK market already and see’s further expansion over there in the second quarter of 2018 Richard’s proudest thing about Zevo Health is that it is completed self-funded which will stand to him when raising seed rounds.
His skills is sales and building out a business on a lean model basis.
From working in the medical device industry for 13 years in a sales and management capacity, to now running his own business, he is a strong believer in being able to provide great value to clients no matter what the product or service is. It was for this reason that MFA made such an impression on him because they are a customer focused company with a product that provides tremendous value to the end users.
Stephen is very aware that business today is no longer
9 – 5 and in order to keep up with the demands of the clients, business’s need
to be willing to adapt.
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend Gorey team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend Gorey is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!