Startupweekend Rome Sport Edition
Friday, April 6 - 8, 2018
Friday, April 6 - 8, 2018
Event starts at 6:30 pm
Largo Ascianghi 5
Disrupt the sport industry in 54hrs
From Hardware to Software, from Fitness to Wellness, Indoor or Outdoor doesn't matter.
Are you ready to disrupt the sport industry and create the new Sport Unicorn?
Don’t be shy, get your ticket for Startup Weekend Roma Sport Edition now!
The event will be hosted at WEGIL, in Trastevere, on 6-8 April, 2018.
Not sure Startup Weekend is the event for you? Well, here some questions for you:
- Do you want continuously improve your knowledge and meet other like-minded people?
- Do you have an idea you want to execute?
- Do you want to get your hands-on and learn more about business design, marketing research and prototype development?
- Do you want to get mentoring from experts and industry insiders?
- Do you want to start building your future in just 54 hours?
What do you need to bring?
Lots of energy! You'll pitch your own idea or listen to others, then vote on the most interesting ideas and form teams with diverse skill sets. You can come with friends, but you’ll get the full experience if you participate in separate teams. Remember, it’s all about the team.
Your idea should be something you have not previously worked on. The idea you pitch and the problem you set out to solve can span social, educational, financial, environmental, or other issues. Over the course of the weekend you'll be challenged to create a prototype of your MVP, or minimum viable product, that fits the needs of your target customer. You'll get feedback, iterate, and likely pivot your approach entirely! Important: You cannot have worked previously on your idea.
Techstars Startup Weekend is a full weekend long experience. Your ticket includes:
- 6 full (and delicious) meals over the course of the weekend
- Benefits and discounts from our global partners
- One-on-one time with amazing mentors
- A new network of developers, designers, and entrepreneurs eager, like you, to change the world.
- All the internet and coffee you can consume.
Startup Weekend is a global grassroots movement of active and empowered entrepreneurs who are learning the basics of founding startups and launching successful ventures. It is the largest community of passionate entrepreneurs, with events in over 100 countries and 600 cities around the world. From Mongolia to South Africa to London to Brazil, people around the globe are coming together for weekend long workshops to pitch ideas, form teams, and start companies. All Startup Weekend events follow the same basic model: anyone is welcome to pitch their startup idea and receive feedback from their peers. Teams organically form around the top ideas and then it’s a 54 hour frenzy of business model creation, coding, designing, and market validation. The weekends culminate with presentations in front of local entrepreneurial leaders with another opportunity for critical feedback. Whether entrepreneurs found companies, find a co-founder, meet someone new, or learn a skill far outside their usual 9-to-5, everyone is guaranteed to leave the event better prepared to navigate the chaotic but fun world of startups. If you want to put yourself in the shoes of an entrepreneur, register now for the best weekend of your life!
Startup Weekend is NOT FOR PROFIT event: all funds are used for the participants and in case of an excess, the remaining part will be reinvested in events for the growth of the community.
The ticket price includes: 3 dinners, 2 breakfasts and 2 lunches
1. The event will begin Friday Apr. 6th and will end Sunday Apr 8th. Where does it take place? At the WE GIL in Trastevere.
2. The goal of the event is to learn how to do business, learn to work together as a team with strangers, meet co-founders, co-workers, learn new skills...
3. We can only host a limited number of participants and you’ll be participating as individuals. You can purchase your ticket here
We recommend purchasing your ticket as soon as possible, and early birds will receive a discount.
4. The ticket includes food, beverages, stationery etc ... that will be offered to the participants, from the beginning to the end of the event.
5. We're able to offer all this thanks to local and national sponsors, sensitive to the issue of entrepreneurship and innovation.
6. The ideas are proposed by the participants themselves, who will vote on the best. Participants will work in teams of 4 to 6 people during the next two days.
7. It is not necessary to come up with an idea.
8. Those who do not show up with an idea are to vote for the ideas of others and will be able to choose which team they want to join.
9. A jury will evaluate the top 3 ideas which will be awarded with prizes that will help to further develop and support the teams.
Watch the video below to see what you can expect, and if you’re feeling inspired click on the “Buy Ticket” button now!
Still have questions, feel free to reach us at email@example.com
Don’t wait any longer and join the Techstars Startup Weekend family!
No talk, all action!
Friday April 6th
Saturday April 7th
Sunday April 8th
My career began at Sisal SpA where I was project manager for the start-up of a web betting site. I continued at FIAT where I was product manager for the web portal and landed in 2001 at Wind. In this telco I worked as VAS Product Manager and my role was to stimulate market adoption of Value Added Services, using it as enabler of new media and content services.
My most successful project in the mobile sector was launched in 2004, while I was Director of Teleunit Mobile VAS Business that led to the creation of Neomobile in 2007: a company that in a few years became a leading player in the mobile entertainment and commerce market worldwide.
For 8 years I held the role of Chief Operating Officer with an overall responsibility for business and organization, including business development, marketing and media activities.
For about 2 years I held the role of CEO of Neomobile working hard to build a learning organization where people are proactive and positive, have ferocious ambition and are motivated to achieve their highest goals through learning and innovation.
I am very proud of the results achieved with my team while I was leading the company as COO and then CEO. We have been able to generate more than 1 billion Euro of revenues in about 10 years, we have grown from employing just 5 people to almost 300, we have been able to generate positive ebitda every year since our inception.
I am now Vice President of Neomobile. My role is to enable and catalyse innovation at Neomobile through development of relationship with the startup ecosystem.
I have a strong passion for the lean approach and the world of startups that has led me to become angel investor, mentor and advisor for accelerators like Luiss-Enlabs and Startupbootcamp.
Wylab (the first sport tech incubator in Italy) represents a personal challenge for me and for all partners and important entrepreneurs that started and believed in this innovative project.
Personally, everything starts from the passion and the curiosity to meet young people (their dreams and challenges) and the desire to support them in the realization of their idea and in the development of their company.
Coaches and Mentors
Ha lavorato prima come consulente IT per il Comune di Roma e Poste Italiane poi come CTO de Le Cicogne (azienda digital nel campo del babysitting attiva in tutta italia).
Inizia giovanissimo a lavorare come Product marketing manager prima in L'Oreal e poi in Agritalia.
Dopo un'esperienza negli Stati Uniti, torna in Italia, dove inizia a lavorare come Marketing Consultant per McDonald’s Corporation fino al 2013.
È stato Direttore Marketing di Original Marines.
Ora Head of Marketing in AW LAB
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startupweekend Rome Sport Edition team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend Rome is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
Pierpaolo De Bonis
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!