Startup Weekend Rome Food Edition
Friday, November 13 - 15, 2015
Friday, November 13 - 15, 2015
Event starts at 5:30 pm
34 Via Giovanni Giolitti
We're BACK! For the first time thanks to AIDEPI - the italian association of confectionery and pasta industries
The jury and mentors among the top managers at Barilla, Ferrero, Unilever and more. Winning teams will have the opportunity to work further with AIDEPI - the italian association of confectionery and pasta industry, partners and may eventually lead to collaboration with them.
This event will take place in English and pitching in English will be encouraged, but participants will be able to pitch and work in Italian if they prefer. If you're coming outside Italy please contact us at email@example.com
If you'd like to know more about how Startup Weekend works, here is some useful info: Startup Weekend is a global grassroots movement of active and empowered entrepreneurs who are learning the basics of founding startups and launching successful ventures. It is the largest community of passionate entrepreneurs, with events in over 100 countries and 600 cities around the world. From Mongolia to South Africa to London to Brazil, people around the globe are coming together for weekend long workshops to pitch ideas, form teams, and start companies.
All Startup Weekend events follow the same basic model: anyone is welcome to pitch their startup idea and receive feedback from their peers. Teams organically form around the top ideas and then it’s a 54 hour frenzy of business model creation, coding, designing, and market validation.
The weekends culminate with presentations in front of local entrepreneurial leaders with another opportunity for critical feedback. Whether entrepreneurs found companies, find a co-founder, meet someone new, or learn a skill far outside their usual 9-to-5, everyone is guaranteed to leave the event better prepared to navigate the chaotic but fun world of startups. If you want to put yourself in the shoes of an entrepreneur, register now for the best weekend of your life!
The ticket price includes: 2 dinners, 2 breakfasts and 2 lunches.
- The event will begin Friday Nov 13th and will end Sunday Nov 15th. Where does it take place? in the earth of Rome just few steps away Termini Train Station.
- The goal of the event is to learn how to do business, learn to work together as a team with strangers, meet co-founders, co-workers, learn new skills...
- We can only host a limited number of participants and you’ll be participating as individuals. You can purchase your ticket HERE We recommend purchasing your ticket as soon as possible, and early birds will receive a discount.
- The ticket includes food, beverages, stationery etc ... that will be offered to the participants, from the beginning to the end of the event.
- We're able to offer all this thanks to local and national sponsors, sensitive to the issue of entrepreneurship and innovation.
- The ideas are proposed by the participants themselves, who will vote on the best. Participants will work in teams of 5 to 8 people during the next two days.
- It is not necessary to come up with an idea.
- Those who do not show up with an idea are to vote for the ideas of others and will be able to choose which team they want to join.
- A jury will evaluate the top 3 ideas which will be awarded with prizes that will help to further develop and support the teams.
Setup for Success Before/After Startup Weekend
Friday November 13th
Saturday November 14th
Sunday November 15th
1987 – Iscritto all’albo dei praticanti procuratori Maggio 1988 - 1992: all’INTERSIND al servizio sindacale come funzionario direttivo; in tale funzione ha partecipato al rinnovo dei contratti collettivi di lavoro di 11 categorie
Ottobre 1992 - nell’Associazione Industrie Dolciarie Italiane responsabile del settore gelati Gennaio 1995 – Nominato Vice Direttore dell’AIDI e, dal Luglio 2001 , nominato Direttore Generale dell’AIDI. Dal 1° gennaio 2011 riconfermato DG dell’AIDEPI, nata dalla fusione fra AIDI e UNIPI (Unione Industriali Pastai Italiani) 1998 - partecipa alla costituzione del Fondo Nazionale Pensione ALIFOND (Fondo Nazionale Pensione Complementare a Capitalizzazione per i lavoratori dell’Industria Alimentare) e ne diventa Presidente nel 2006.
Coaches and Mentors
Ha conosciuto , lavorato , imparato da "serial entrepreneurs" e talenti di tutto il mondo , provenienti dalle migliori aziende a livello globale come Rocket Internet, Google, Naspers, McKinsey.
Oggi decide di tornare in Italia, e di contribuire al lancio del primo acceleratore globale ed indipendente sul FoodTech in Italia, Startupbootcamp FoodTech, parte del gruppo che nel 2014 ha vinto il premio come miglioracceleratore di startup in Europa, (Fonte Europas).
Co-founder di MEDinACTION , l'app che mira ad innovare il sistema della salute per i turisti in Italia e non solo.
Carlo Alberto Pratesi
Full professor of marketing innovation and sustainability at Roma Tre University
He is also a photographer, video director and film maker and has a long experience in design and implementation of photo and multimedia projects supporting strategic communication campaigns in different market sectors. In this period he is focused on food photography and on the relationship between raw material, environment and product transformation through man’s labour. He works with different formats and photographic techniques, among which 3D photography.
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend Rome Food Edition team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend Rome is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
Regional Manager of Techstars Startup Programs
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!