Startup Weekend Axiata Digital
Friday, May 19 - 21, 2017
Friday, May 19 - 21, 2017
Event starts at 6:30 pm
9, Jalan Stesen Sentral 5,
Kuala Lumpur Sentral
Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
MAKING IDEAS HAPPEN
What is Startup Weekend?Startup Weekends are 54-hour long events where developers, designers, marketers, product managers, startup enthusiasts come together to share ideas, build products and launch startups! Teams go from an idea scrawled on a napkin to a working prototype and maybe even paying customers, all within a single weekend. Startup Weekends are a global phenomenon with events being held in 1000+ cities across the world; in Malaysia alone, events have been held everywhere from Kuala Lumpur to Kuching.
Many people want to be entrepreneurs, but find it hard to commit on top of study/work/family commitments. Startup Weekends are the ideal high-impact/low-commitment vehicle for you to test both your ideas and yourself to see if entrepreneurship really is your cup of tea. Not everyone can spare 3 months, but everyone has a weekend to spare. (For more reasons, see 'What do I get out of it?' below)
Why attend a Startup Weekend?
How does Startup Weekend work?
What do I get out of it?
- You will get a taste of what it’s like in the startup world, and learn a ton first hand about every step of building a startup (at the very least, it’ll be a memorable weekend away from your usual daily routine).
- You might find your perfect co-founder soulmate with whom you’ll go on to launch a multi-million dollar startup, be it on this weekend or down the road.
- You will get a chance to network and mingle with some of the top brass in the Kuala Lumpur entrepreneurship / investing communities as well as the industry experts at Axiata Digital – individuals that would otherwise be very hard to reach – and ask them questions to your hearts content.
- You will greatly expand your network and build lasting relationships with the most innovative, creative and motivated people in Kuala L. This could mean a new client, employer, business partner, or even a friend!
- Plus, if your team wins, you will get heaps of additional resources and mentorship to help you get your startup off the ground. There are also plenty of investors in the crowd, so if your pitches were something special, you might even get funding (it happens!).
You don’t have to be! (and if you want to be, this is a great place to start)
But I’m not an entrepreneur…
At every Startup Weekend, participants come from all walks of life ranging from students to educators, bankers to doctors, even retirees! Worried you don’t have the skills? Thats why we have experienced mentors here to guide you (and Startup Weekends are about learning anyway). Too young/old? We have had participants as young as 12 and as old as 70 (not kidding!), so if you fall within that range, your’e sweet!
Ready to apply?
- Those interested in applying for “Startup Weekend Axiata Digital” must be 18 years or older with a strong interest in innovation and technology.
- Participants are required to apply online before May 7th, 2017, where you will be directed to an application form that needs to be filled out.
- Startup Weekend Axiata Digital is a FREE of charge event. No application or participation fee is required.No application fee is required.
- Participants may apply as individuals or in teams, made up of four to six people. Please note, that if you are applying as team, EACH team member has to apply individually and make a note of their team name in the application form.
- Registered team members/participants accept the terms and conditions of participation, as well as the use of personal data, and photography/video recording during and after the event by staff and partners of Startup Weekend Axiata for the purposes of producing editorial content and advertising materials.
- Lastly, please note that applicants submitting incomplete application forms or inaccurate information will be disqualified.
We will choose the 60 best applications for Startup Weekend Axiata Digital. Selected applicants will receive an official confirmation via the email address provided in the application, starting from the first week of May, 2017. This confirmation will include a Participant Pack that details all information concerning “Startup Weekend Axiata Digital”.
Confirmation of participation
Startup Weekend Axiata Digital is a free of charge event.
I have questions, who should I ask? Almost every question is answered here: https://startupweekend.org/attendees/faq. If it is not, drop us a line at email@example.com.
Setup for Success Before/After Startup Weekend
Friday May 19th
Saturday May 20th
Sunday May 21st
Coaches and Mentors
COO | e27
He is the Regional Manager Greater China for Techstars Startup Programs.
He is co-founding anekdote.co and olea.store
Founder, Orkid Cosmetics
Techstars Startup Weekend Kuala Lumpur is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!