Startup Weekend Malta 2018 - Blockchain Edition
Friday, May 4 - 6, 2018
Friday, May 4 - 6, 2018
Event starts at 6:00 pm
Malta Life Sciences Park
Triq San Giljan,
Kickstart your business idea in 54 hours
What is Startup Weekend?
Have you ever seen a new product, app, or business and thought to yourself, "that was my idea a few years ago"? If you have, that means you did not have a process for taking that idea from concept to creation.
Startup Weekend is your chance to learn how to take any idea from concept to creation within 54 hours! Whether you are looking to...
- get introduced to the world of startups and entrepreneurship,
- learn the process for going from concept to creation,
- meet experienced, talented, and passionate entrepreneurs in Malta,
- join or build an all-star team,
- learn and practice new skills to take back to your job, or
- take your own idea from concept to creation
Who is Startup Weekend For?
Startup Weekend is designed as an inclusive event that brings all sorts of people together, like:
- aspiring & experienced entrepreneurs,
- developers and other tech-related professionals,
- designers of all types,
- non-technical talent (i.e. business, sales, finance, legal, etc.),
- students from universities and even post-secondary schools,
- professionals looking to switch careers or build new skills,
- passionate visionaries
What's the twist in this Blockchain edition?
We will be focusing on ideas that utilize the power and potential of blockchain technology and design to solve problems. Blockchain technology gives us an opportunity to re-imagine how we move, transact, share, and track goods and services. Some argue that blockchain technology is like the next internet. That is, the internet was the enabler and delivery mechanism for some of the greatest ideas of the last 2 decades. Blockchain can do the same for the next couple of decades and this is our chance to be the first ones to embrace and build on it. Don't miss this opportunity to get in on a new pioneering technology, early in the game!
Do I need to come with an idea?
Your ticket includes:
- Access to the full, weekend-long, event
- Opportunity to pitch your idea on Friday night @ Pitch Fire
- Mentoring by professionals from the blockchain world and the tech startup community
- Meals and drinks throughout the weekend
- Collaboration with awesome blockchain professionals from throughout Malta
- 1 awesome Startup Weekend t-shirt
- All-star judge's panel led by tech, startup, and blockchain leaders
- A process for taking any idea from concept to creation in a matter of days
- Many new awesome friends!
Join us for a very special weekend!
Please email us at
Setup for Success Before/After Startup Weekend
Friday May 4th
Saturday May 5th
Sunday May 6th
He is a creative Strategist, Educator, Facilitator, Innovation Consultant and Motivator to organizations of all sizes, start-ups and entrepreneurs from different origin, sectors and industries, focusing on tech and strong interest in blockchain, ICO, crypto currencies, AI, AR, VR, IoT etc.
He develops and delivers customized training and workshops for companies and universities.
As sensitive coach, he supports entrepreneurs, founders, executives and women careers in their personal development.
He also lectures Gaming Law at the University of Malta and is the Secretary General of the Malta IT Law Association. Before joining WH Partners he occupied the post of Chief Regulatory Officer of the Lotteries and Gaming Authority – Malta. Joe was also an elected Member on the Board of Trustees of the International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR), a position which he held throughout 2012. He had originally joined the Authority in March 2007 as Director Legal and Enforcement and has occupied this position for almost 4 years. Before joining the Authority, Joseph, acted as a Legal Counsel to Vodafone Malta Limited for three years.
Joseph was conferred with an LL.M. in Information Technology and Telecommunications Law at the University of Strathclyde (Glasgow), with Distinction. Earlier, he was awarded the LL.D. from the University of Malta, after writing and successfully defending a thesis entitled, ‘Protection of Trademarks Against Domain Names’. In 2009 he completed a Regulator Development Program organized by the International Gaming Institute at the University of Nevada in Las Vegas (UNLV). In 2012 he was awarded a certificate in Casino Management by the UNLV.
Coaches and Mentors
Brand & Online Marketing specialist
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend Malta 2018 - Blockchain Edition team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend Malta is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!