Startup Weekend Amsterdam
Friday, May 12 - 14, 2017
Friday, May 12 - 14, 2017
Event starts at 6:00 pm
Build a Business in Just a 54 Hours!
Have you ever seen a new product, app, or business and thought to yourself, "that was my idea a few years ago"? If you have, that means you did not have a process for taking that idea from concept to creation.
Startup Weekend is your chance to learn how to take any idea from concept to creation within a matter of days! Whether you are looking to...
- Get introduced to the world of startups and entrepreneurship
- Learn the process for going from concept to creation
- Meet experienced, talented, and passionate entrepreneurs
- Join or build an all-star team
- Learn and practice new skills to take back to your job or
- Take your own idea from concept to creation
It doesn't matter what you do or where you come from, Startup Weekend is designed as an inclusive event and program that brings all sorts of people together including...
- aspiring & experienced entrepreneurs
- developers and other tech-related professionals
- designers of all types
- non-technical talent (i.e. business, sales, finance, legal, etc.)
- students from colleges, universities, and even high schools
- professionals looking to switch careers or build new skills
- passionate visionaries
- and many more!
- Access to the full weekend-long event
- Opportunity to pitch your idea on Friday night @ Pitch Fire
- Mentoring by all-stars from the tech startup community
- Tasty meals all weekend
- Collaboration with awesome technical professionals
- All-star judges panel lead by startup leaders
- Membership in the Startup Weekend Community (>200K alumni)
- Awesome post event workshops
- A process for taking any idea from concept to creation in a matter of days, and
- Over 100 awesome new friends!
If you have an idea for a startup, then great! We hope you pitch for the weekend. If you don't have an idea, that's quite all right! Come and spend the weekend, listen to the ideas being pitched, and see if something strikes your interest! The weekend is all about learning about the startup ideation process and from your peers. If you have more questions, check out the Startup Weekend First Timers FAQ!
Come join us for a very special weekend!
- Will this event be in English or Dutch? English
Setup for Success Before/After Startup Weekend
Friday May 12th
Saturday May 13th
Sunday May 14th
We’ve created a community in which we unite and strengthen the best of both worlds. The versatility and execution power of entrepreneurs – and the power and resources of mature companies. Together we create new products and services, building teams and growing them as independent, purpose-driven organizations.
We challenge the way tomorrow’s ventures are built.
The Next Web consists of The Next Web Blog, The Next Web Conference and TNW labs. The Next Web Blog delivers an international perspective on the latest news about Internet technology and was set up in 2008. It currently ranks second on the list of most popular tech blogs and is considered one of the few blogs covering truly international tech news.
The Next Web Conference was set up in 2006 by Boris and his co-founders to promote a small startup named Fleck.com. But with 300+ attendees and a great line-up of speakers – Kevin Kelly, Kevin Rose and Michael Arrington among others – it was such a successful start that they decided to orgnize it annually. Now, with over 2000 attendees it is the largest tech conference in Europe and TNW conference is now also organised in Sao Paulo, Brasil and New York. Next to this the developers conference Kings of Code is organised every year in Amsterdam.
Coaches and Mentors
In February 2016 Mark co-founded Wanderbrief, a global community where creative freelancers trade their skills for experience abroad. Their mission is to refresh the perspective of creatives and support companies meet their business objectives through collaborative creativity while fostering global citizenship and cultural exchange.
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend Amsterdam team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend Amsterdam is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
Previously he also co-founded Oblico, a location based networking app for events and conferences, a project that came out of a Startup Weekend, was part of the TechPeaks accelerator and received a grant from Telecom Italia. Currently he's creating awesome stuff as Product Manager at Telenav INC. Adrian is a lean startup fan and experienced in pitch training and public speaking. You can reach him anytime on FB. He has one of the biggest collections of Startup Weekend T-shirts.