Startup Weekend Lisbon 2017
Friday, July 7 - 9, 2017
Friday, July 7 - 9, 2017
Event starts at 6:00 pm
Rua D. Luis I 3
Build & Launch a Business in Just 54 Hours!
What is Startup Weekend?Startup Weekend is your chance to learn how to take any idea from concept to creation within a matter of days! Whether you are looking to...
- Get introduced to the world of startups and entrepreneurship
- Meet experienced, talented, and passionate entrepreneurs
- Get inspired, share knowledge and meet like-minded people
- Join or build an all-star team
- Learn and practice new skills to take back to your job/studies
- Take your own idea to the next level
Who is the Startup Weekend for?It doesn’t matter what you do or where you’re from, Startup Weekend is designed as an inclusive event and program that brings all sorts of people together including:
- Aspiring & experienced entrepreneurs
- developers and other tech-related professionals
- designers of all types
- non-technical talent (i.e. business, sales, finance, legal, etc.)
- students from colleges, universities, high schools
- professionals looking to switch careers or build new skills
- passionate visionaries
- and many more!
Your ticket includes:
- Access to the full weekend-long event
- Opportunity to pitch your idea on Friday night @ Pitch Fire
- Mentoring by all-stars from the startup community
- Tasty meals all weekend
- Collaboration with awesome professionals
- All-star judges
- Membership in the Startup Weekend Community (>200K alumni)
- A process for taking any idea from concept to creation in a matter of days
- Over 100 awesome new friends!
Do I need to have an idea to participate?If you have an idea for a startup, then great! We hope to hear your pitch on the Friday. If you don’t have an idea, come and spend the weekend, listen to the ideas being pitched, get inspired and see if something strikes your interest! The weekend is all about learning about the startup ideation process, sharing ideas. If you have questions, check out the Startup Weekend First Timers FAQ.
Come in join us for a very special, amazing and inspiring weekend!
- Will the event be in English or Portuguese?
The event will be in English.
- Where is the event?
We have two amazing venues for the event. The main talks, mentoring sessions, and final pitches will be held at the auditorium of ETIC. The co-working space / incubation center Canopy Lisbon is available for and even to stay over night. Both located close to Cais do Sodré and next to the TimeOut market.
Friday July 7th
Saturday July 8th
Sunday July 9th
Adaptable and pragmatic, Stewart is most at home when collaborating with founders of growing businesses, or companies going through a significant transformation.
Driver Le Wagon Lisbon
Coaches and Mentors
A true adventurer in life. Once an architecture student, André changed his course to follow 3D animation and Augmented Reality at a time no one was speaking of it. A self-taught programmer, he kept pushing his boundaries and went on to co-found BeyonIdeas and to serve in several projects as a Frontend developer. Nowadays he’s an ambitious entrepreneur who loves technology, travel, learning new things and giving back his knowledge.
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend Lisbon 2017 team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Martinhal Lisbon Chiado Family Suites, is providing a wonderful lunch on Saturday the 8th for the attendees of Startup Weekend Lisbon. Please click here to visit Martinhal Family Hotels & Resorts website.
Techstars Startup Weekend Lisbon is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here