Startup Weekend Kosice 2015
Friday, April 17 - 19, 2015
Friday, April 17 - 19, 2015
Event starts at 4:30 pm
Technical University of Kosice, Faculty of Civil Engineering
Click http://sw.viq.sk/ to lauch the video.
Friday April 17th
Saturday April 18th
Sunday April 19th
Can help you with: financial and budget analyses, networking, validation
- IT results-driven manager with a highly successful background in the achievement of business growth through the creation and execution of effective strategies
- Demonstrated ability to recommend enhancements to business processes, build up teams, manage, lead and train them in various working environments
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation skills and the ability to develop and maintain mutually beneficial internal and external relationships
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Working with people – interviews, hiring, presenting, customer care, conflict MGT, effective feedback
- Head of Department – set up strategies and goals, managing, inspiring, leading and training people
- Project / Test Manager – planning, coordination, implementation, delivering
- IT process expert: ITILv3, Service Transition, Application / Service Build & Test
- Service Delivery Management – MSA, Work order and Purchase order management
- Quality management / Quality assurance of processes, International Company Internal Auditor
- Software Testing and Test Automation
- PhD. - Technical University of Kosice, Thesis: “Use of Neural Networks for Errors Elimination of Elastomagnetic Sensors” - Ing.
- Technical University of Kosice, Thesis: “Image Contour Coding”
- Personal coaching by Executive coach Joel Cooper
He is actively involved in the development of University science park Technicom and establishing the startup ecosystem at Technical university of Kosice.
He launched his career as a diplomat with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Slovakia (Analytical Department), posted to Slovak Embassies in Geneva, Switzerland and Ottawa, Canada, where he served as a consul. After leaving public service in 2007 he ran his own business (CardioCora) and joined American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham) as a Director of AmCham Košice Office in 2007. He led regional AmCham office to the excellent business results. At the same time he worked for the Municipality of Košice as a Director for FDI, marketing and tourism. He co-founded Kosice Tourism cluster in 2010 and was a chairman of the board of the organization. He also represented Municipality of Košice in the Košice IT Valley association, where he later represented AmCham, and he was a member of the board, now president of the board of the Carpathian Foundation. In 2014 he joined KPMG Slovakia and leads company`s East Slovakian operations. He retains excellent relations with key business personalities in the East Slovakia region and business community representatives beyond East Slovakia. He is fluent in English and speaks French and Russian.
Coaches and Mentors
Based on Matej’s prior business development experience from Silicon Valley (expansion of Slovak startups nicereply.com and qualityunit.com to US) he’s working hands on with the current portfolio companies on their go-to-market strategies, pitch decks and product strategies. Matej has also organized the first three Startup Weekends in Slovakia, won the national Startup Awards in 2011, co-founded Startup Camps (monthly meetups in 5 Slovak/Czech cities), hosted StartupSummit in Prague (250+ attendants from CEE) and has been active in evangelizing startups and entrepreneurship on Slovak universities and in media.
Active in the Slovak startup scene, regular Startup Weekend mentor and mentor at Pioneers festival.
Has experience in digital marketing, consumer software distribution, performance marketing, software engineering and digital security.
Can help you with: how to win SW, market research, customer interviews, marketing, presentation, validation.
Can help you with: Communication, presentation, marketing, acquisition and retention, attracting the masses or just getting the first customers on board.
He has won the Global Networker award in Japan, is president of the Slovak marketing association (member of UNWTO) and member of the American marketing association, European marketing confederation and the Junior Chamber International, where he became the first slovak JCI Senator.
His current research interests includes the area of business succession, online reputation and e-commerce, its methods in theory as well as in practice. He is actively involved in several European research consortia to tackle these issues. Research is carried out either in the field of small and medium enterprises or within the tourism sector.
Can help you with: marketing strategies, branding, central Europe entrepreneurial environment, connection on the academic institution and research consortia.
Can help you with: idea validation, networking, project development
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend Kosice 2015 team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend Kosice is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
More? See http://vidarandersen.com
I’m a Norwegian entrepreneur and Internet-based software veteran having created industry firsts for F500 enterprises and GOs, currently living in Cologne, Germany.
I found tech startups to solve problems, consult F100 enterprises on Corporate Entrepreneurship, lecture on startup entrepreneurship to students, keynote entrepreneurial events and volunteer for the local startup ecosystem, invest in & help early stage startups raise venture capital funding.