This post originally appeared on blog.up.co
The universal Startup Weekend judging criteria is broken up into three sections. Teams are judged according to the following 3 criteria (weighed equally):
Customer Validation (does the business have a good understand customers and their needs)
○ Did your team get out and talk to customers?
○ Who will be your users, who will be your customers (are they different)?
○ How many users have you interviewed?
○ Did you target the correct people to interview?
○ What did you learn from your customer interviews (revenue)?
○ What are the core needs of your users?
Execution & Design
○ What feedback have you gotten to inspire your Minimum Viable Product?
○ Did you build a prototype (paper or powerpoint is ok)?
○ How effective is your a “Minimal Viable Product” for the weekend (be it software, hardware, etc.)?
○ How functional is your technical demo?
○ How easy is it for the user to navigate and use your product?
○ Were you able to incorporate customer feedback into the solution?
Business Model (is this business feasible)
○ Is it a big/unique idea?
○ What is your key value proposition?
○ How do you plan on making this a successful business?
○ Have you thought about competition, how to scale, acquiring customers, revenue model etc.?
○ Have you identified a specific target market?
○ How will they acquire their first 100 customers?