The Why, the Who, and the How
This post originally appeared on blog.up.co
Let’s review a few questions people who’ve never been to a Startup Weekend usually ask:
Why attend Startup Weekend ?
- Education: Startup Weekends are all about learning through the act of creating. Don’t just listen to theory, build your own strategy and test it as you go.
- Build your network: This isn’t just a happy-hour. Startup Weekend attracts your community’s best makers and do-ers. By spending a weekend working to build scalable companies that solve real-world problems, you will build long-lasting relationships and possibly walk away with a job or even an investor.
- Find a co-founder: We all know it’s not just about the idea – it’s about the team. Startup Weekend is hands down the best way to find someone you can actually launch a startup with.
- Learn something new: Step outside of your comfort zone. With a whole weekend dedicated to letting your creative juices flow, Startup Weekends are perfect opportunities to work on a new platform, learn a new programming language, or just try something different.
- Get face time with thought leaders: Local tech and startup leaders participate in Startup Weekends as coaches and judges. Get some one-on-one time with the movers and shakers in your community.
- Actually launch a business: Over 36% of Startup Weekend startups are still going strong after 3 months. Roughly 80% of participants plan on continuing working with their team or startup after the weekend.
Who should attend Startup Weekend Zurich ?
Come with an open mind and get ready to build something truly amazing and innovative. Designers, developers, scientists, students, teachers, marketing, sales, strategy, etc; you are most welcome to participate in the weekend. Diversity drives innovation and success.
Do I need to come with an idea?
If you have an idea for a startup, then great! We hope you pitch for the weekend. If you don’t have an idea, that’s also alright! Come and spend the weekend, listen to the ideas being pitched and maybe something strikes your interest. The weekend is all about learning about the startup ideation process and learning from each other.
Register for the event here.