Monday, November 4, 2019
Monday, November 4, 2019
Event starts at 6:15 pm
Bootcamp: Pre Techstars Startup Weekend Pitch Practice
Trainer: Kira Leuthold
Goal: You know what to expect from the pitching challenges at the Techstars Startup Weekend and you are ready to face them.
- You know the key ingredients of a convincing investor pitch.
- You’re confident about pitching your business idea in the form of an elevator pitch.
- You know useful tool and resources used by startups for pitching.
- Short input sessions to get to know the 101 of startup pitching.
- Practice, practice, practice! We’ll focus on elevator pitching as this is the first challenge you’ll face at the Startup Weekend.
- 2 hours for pitch practice
- Followed by drinks & networking
- This is entirely up to you. The training is a good opportunity to work on the pitch you want to give at the Startup Weekend. But you will also benefit from the training if you practice with another idea – the principles of pitching remain the same, no matter the idea.
- No, but we encourage you to! You can pitch an idea you've been thinking about for years, or something last minute you think of during training. We will also provide you with some sample ideas. It's a great experience, an invaluable practice for public speaking and an excellent preparation for the startup weekend.
- The short answer is that you can’t. If you’re very concerned, you can limit your pitch to the rough outline of the idea without giving away key information.The longer answer is that this is not something worth worrying about. Unless you are confident your idea is a ‘key-in-hand’, easy-to-implement innovation that hasn’t been thought of yet, the advantages gained from getting broad-based feedback and a strong team motivated by collective ownership far outweigh the remote risks of someone stealing and executing on your idea. The truth is that over 90% of ideas pitched at any given Techstars Startup Weekend have already been pitched - probably many times - in the past. This doesn’t imply that the idea isn’t a good one, but rather that what truly matters is how well you and your team execute the idea. “One can steal ideas, but no one can steal execution or passion”.
Follow us on Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram, and Meetup.
Event photography and video: Please be aware that this event may be attended by a photographer, for capturing content to be used in online and offline marketing and promotional materials, for example web pages, brochures or leaflets.
Get the complete experience!
You might also enjoy Techstars Startup Weekend Zurich
Techstars Startup Weekend Zurich is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!