Announcing the 10 Companies for the London Winter 2014 Class
This post originally appeared on blog.up.co
Today Techstars London welcomes another exceptional group of entrepreneurs into our Winter 2014 Class. From across a broad spectrum, companies come from a multiple of sectors including B2C and B2B, but also include for the first time hardware companies (IndyBo & Kynttan) and crypto-currency startups (Swarm).
As a demonstration of the growing maturity of the UK ecosystem, a greater number of teams come from the UK including London, but also Edinburgh, Cambridge and Norwich!! However, as with other programmes we have also attracted overseas teams from United Arab Emirates and Kazakhstan.
As with the previous Techstars London programmes, half of the companies include entrepreneurs who have participated in successful startups – but we also welcome two companies founded by younger single founders. A full list of the companies participating in Techstars London Winter 2014 are listed below.
- BidVine is a fast, free way to get competing quotes for local services from interested and available professionals.
- Big Data for Humans brings analytics to everyday marketers so they can substantially increase ecommerce revenues and profit.
- GeoSpock is a real-time geo-location database that allows for location based services to scale bigger, be faster & run cheaper.
- Indybo is a revolutionary robotics toy that teaches kids the basics of programming and electronics in a fun and intuitive way.
- Kimono is a new enterprise communication platform, enabling organised, productive messaging across teams, groups and between organisations.
- Knyttan sits at the intersection of hardware, software and knitwear creating a platform for unique, custom clothing on an industrial scale.
- Lystable is a beautifully simple tool that helps agencies manage their suppliers.
- Rainbird allows you to structure package your expert knowledge creating a virtual 'you' others can consult with to solve problems.
- Swarm is a Bitcoin-powered crowdfunding network with unique incentive structures for distributing risk and sharing rewards.
- UB provides customers a single basket for the whole internet, save items from any site and checkout everything at once.