Startup Weekend Health London
Friday, April 13 - 15, 2018
Friday, April 13 - 15, 2018
Event starts at 7:00 pm
St Thomas's Hospital
Westminster Bridge Rd
Lets build the future of Healthcare !
- Do you seek knowledge and other like-minded people interested in the Healthcare system?
- Are a medical professional with a new idea who wants to develop it and help its patients?
- Are you a business professional interested in the new Medtech revolution?
- Are a developer or a UX specialist who wants to make a difference?
- Do you want to get hands on and learn by doing about business design, marketing research and developing a prototype?
- Do you want to get mentoring from insiders, clinical specialists, technological geniuses and business gurus?
- Do you want to start building your future and help change the world in just 54 hours?
Techstars Startup Weekend is the place to look for a team, create a prototype of your idea, validate your business idea, and receive feedback from experienced entrepreneurs, all in one weekend.
What do you need to bring?
Lots of energy! You'll pitch your own idea or listen to others, then vote on the most interesting ideas and form teams with diverse skill sets. You can come with friends, but you’ll get the full experience if you participate in separate teams. Remember, it’s all about the team.
Your idea should be something you have not previously worked on. The idea you pitch and the problem you set out to solve can span social, educational, financial, environmental, or other issues. Over the course of the weekend you'll be challenged to create a prototype of your MVP, or minimum viable product, that fits the needs of your target customer. You'll get feedback, iterate, and likely pivot your approach entirely! Important: You cannot have worked previously on your idea.
Techstars Startup Weekend is a full weekend long experience. Your ticket includes:
- 7 full (and delicious) meals over the course of the weekend
- Benefits and discounts from our global partners
- One-on-one time with amazing mentors
- A new network of developers, designers, and entrepreneurs eager, like you, to change the world.
- All the internet and coffee you can consume.
Watch the video below to see what you can expect, and if you’re feeling inspired click on the “Buy Ticket” button now!
Still have questions, feel free to reach us at “email@example.com”.
Don’t wait any longer and join the Techstars Startup Weekend movement!
No talk, all action!
Setup for Success Before/After Startup Weekend
Friday April 13th
Saturday April 14th
Sunday April 15th
Pr Andrew Shennan, OBE MBBS MD FRCOG
Coaches and Mentors
● Virgin Insight - delivered big data solutions to all the Virgin companies
● Virgin Mobile USA - grew to revenues of $1bn within 18 months
● Virgin Mobile Canada - voted best Canadian network in its launch year
● Virgin Healthbank - freezing stem cells cryogenically These companies exited for more than $500M for Richard Branson.
Alongside his Virgin commitments, Max also co-founded lastsecondtickets.com which was successfully sold in 2014.
He started his career at L’Oreal running the UK’s largest haircare brand – the irony was lost on no one. He was a scholar at Oxford University, where he obtained a First Class Degree in Chemistry.
Director of Information Governance and Management at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
Yinka is a communications and information governance and management specialist. She is a committed, hard‐working and loyal team player, with emotional intelligence and business savvy to successfully navigate highly politicised environments. She is employed since 2007 as a Health Records Development Manager, at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust.
In 2014 he started Strillobyte, a tech consultancy that helps companies quickly prototype digital products and automate internal processes to improve efficiency.
Marco's main focus is on using technology to support purpose-driven ventures, with particular interest in helping social enterprises and non-profit organisations.
He was nominated one of the Top 50 Business Advisers 2018 by Enterprise Nation, and is currently the Website Coordinator for TEDxLondon
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend Health London team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend London is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
A firm believer in innovation fuelled by cross-border and and cross-industry collaboration, Amalia has designed and worked on numerous international projects that merge various industries with the world of startups, like EDF Energy's Pulse Awards, Global Fashion Battle and CFE's Fashiontech accelerator.
An Information & Communication Systems Engineering and Fine Arts graduate, Amalia has co-founded e-skafos.gr, worked for Conde Nast, London College of Fashion, The Next Web, Studio XO and more. Most recently she helped set up and led as Head of Innovation, Havas UK innovation hub, Havas X, that looks 18 months ahead of the curve at emerging trends across media, tech, culture and data science.
Agathou is an active mentor and advisor at several entrepreneurial communities and accelerator programs like London Fashion Fund, Blooming Founders, NEF and Techstars.
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!