Startup Weekend Art London
Friday, October 3 - 5, 2014
Friday, October 3 - 5, 2014
Event starts at 6:30 pm
2-10 Capper Street
Ever had an idea for improving how we fund, make, share and enjoy art and culture?
Here’s your opportunity to turn your ideas into action in 54 exciting hours. Work with other technologists, artists, entrepreneurs, designers, mobile developers and product experts to build real solutions to the art world's most pressing problems, using technology and business models from other industries to innovate and disrupt the arts world - all in just one weekend.
The first European Startup Weekend Art will be held in London, on the 3rd, 4th and 5th October 2014.
Join a diverse group of people passionate about arts, innovation and making a real impact. Come and pitch your idea or join others to form a team.
Whether you start a new company, meet like-minded individuals or develop new skills, register now for what promises to be an exciting and highly productive weekend.
Art and technology together present a great opportunity to dramatically improve products and services in an industry traditionally low in technological innovation. Take inspiration from technologies and business models that changed adjacent industries forever to create "firsts" in the art industry yourself and develop companies that will go on to become market leaders.
- Did you know that in the USA, museums attract more than 850 million visits per year, compared with only 483 million for major league sports and theme parks?
- Two thirds of Europeans aged 15 or above enjoy and pay for art experiences, whether performances, exhibition visits or art tours.
- The visual arts market is worth a staggering $60.8 billion, yet remains largely untouched by innovation both for consumers and business users.
- Imagine the next
generation of audio guides for museums and exhibitions by leveraging technology from the gaming industry such as augmented reality;
- Create market places to co-curate
- Develop mobile tags to identify fake art works and protect artists creations online and offline
- And much more
We look forward to seeing you at the Startup Weekend Art London in October!
For all sponsorship, collaboration and any other enquiries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday October 3rd
Saturday October 4th
Sunday October 5th
Coaches and Mentors
Technical Program Manager at Google Cultural Institute
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend Art London team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend London is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here