Startup Weekend Oxford
Friday, March 24 - 26, 2017
Friday, March 24 - 26, 2017
Event starts at 5:30 pm
The Oxford Launchpad
Said Business School - University of Oxford
Park End St
CREATIVITY IS INTELLIGENCE HAVING FUN !
Welcome to the first Startup Weekend in Oxford! Join us!
- About the event:
Startup Weekend is a global grassroots movement of active and empowered entrepreneurs who are learning the basics of founding startups and launching successful ventures. It is the largest community of passionate entrepreneurs with over 2900 past events in 150 countries around the world.
In just 54 hours, you will experience the highs, lows, fun, and pressure that make up life at a startup. As you learn how to create a real company, you'll meet the very best mentors, investors, cofounders, and sponsors who are ready to help you get started. Learn more about it on Startup Weekend website
- Do I need to come with an idea?
If you have an idea for a startup, then great! We hope you pitch for the weekend. If you don't have an idea, thats quite alright! Come and spend the weekend, listen to the ideas being pitched and maybe something strikes your interest. The weekend is all about learning about the startup ideation process. If you have more questions, checkout the Startup Weekend First Timers FAQ
- How many participants are going to attend the event ?
50 tickets maximum are available
- For the £25 (student)/ £40 (non-student) tickets you get :
- Access to the full weekend-long event
- Opportunity to pitch your idea on Friday night @ The Oxford Launchpad, Saïd Business School
- Mentoring by brilliant and dynamic mentors and coaches active in the entrepreneurship and startup scene in Oxford and London
- Tasty meals all weekend (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Surprise activities for relaxing times
- Membership in the Startup Weekend Community (>200K alumni) #SWMafia
- A process for taking any idea from concept to creation in a matter of days : a unique and unforgettable experience
- Good vibes and love from the organizing team !!
Friday March 24th
Saturday March 25th
Sunday March 26th
A co-founder of FAB Accelerator, Ben is also the Marketing Director at Oxford-based creative agency One Ltd. Prior to this, Ben has setup his own marketing businesses and worked extensively with student entrepreneurs in Oxford, Cambridge and, most recently, City University London where he was head of entrepreneurship education.
Coaches and Mentors
Sarah’s classes look to build physical strength and improve body-awareness, through a balanced and precise focus on the breath. She teaches Vinyasa Yoga, Hot Power Yoga and Hot HIIT Yoga.
She also holds a DPhil from the University of Oxford, is co-founder of multidisciplinary collaborative platform Doers&Co., and has been involved with bike-sharing platform Cycle.land.
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend Oxford team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
They Support Us
Startup Weekend Oxford is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!