Startup Weekend Oxford
Friday, March 22 - 24, 2019
Friday, March 22 - 24, 2019
Event starts at 6:30 pm
Oxford City College
Start something amazing... Build your startup in 54 hours.
In just 54 hours, you will experience the highs, lows, fun, and pressure that make up life at a startup. You'll learn and get involved in building strong foundations for a solid startup (Problem, Business Model, Solution, Market Size, Customers, Value Prop, etc.) You'll meet the very best mentors, investors, cofounders, and sponsors who are ready to coach you, guide you, and share their inspiring knowledge and expertise.
📅 Short schedule:
- Friday night: Pitches and building the teams.
- Saturday: Brainstorming, business plan development, working prototype creation (MVP product), workshop, mentors support & fun!
- Sunday: Final Stretch before the Final Presentations, Awards and Celebration!
📌 Do you need to come with an idea?
If you don't have an idea, that's alright! Among the other ideas pitched, something will strike your interest! The weekend is all about learning about the startup ideation process and learning from each other.
All other industries are welcome to join the above :).
📌 What if I don't know about fintech?
- Access to the full weekend-long event
- Opportunity to pitch your fantastic idea on Friday night
- Tasty meals all weekend (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- A unique and unforgettable experience: taking an idea from concept to creation in a matter of days!
- Mentored by brilliant and dynamic leaders
- Membership in the Startup Weekend Community (>200K alumni)
- Fun activities and relaxing times
- GOODIES :))))
- Good vibes and love from the organizing team!!
If you don't reside in Oxford already and come from another city, it will be your responsibility to find accommodation. However, we remain at your disposal if you need any support/clarification/advice regarding this point. As a community, we'll do our best to find suitable solutions for everyone. Don't hesitate to drop us a message! (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Friday March 22nd
Saturday March 23rd
Sunday March 24th
With global experience (including London, Geneva and Boston) primarily in startups spanning a range of industries, from tech to digital media, crowdfunding (Crowdcube) and commodities trading, she completed a full-time MBA last year and now works in VC in London.
Georgie is passionate about diversity and inclusion (particularly in VC and entrepreneurship) and founded women’s personal and professional growth network Elevate.
Coaches and Mentors
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend Oxford team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend Oxford is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
Previously, founded her own tech startup Reecescribe which was accelerated through Ireland's national entrepreneurship programmes; LEO Dublin City & Enterprise Ireland's New Frontiers programme. (The youngest person to be accepted on Enterprise Ireland's programme).
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!