Startup Weekend Circular Economy Austin
Friday, February 1 - 3, 2019
Friday, February 1 - 3, 2019
Event starts at 6:00 pm
220 South Congress
Your idea in 54 hours
- 7 full (and delicious) meals over the course of the weekend
- Benefits and discounts from our global partners
- One-on-one time with amazing mentors
- A new network of developers, designers, and entrepreneurs eager, like you, to change the world.
- All the internet and coffee you can consume.
Setup for Success Before/After Startup Weekend
Friday February 1st
Saturday February 2nd
Sunday February 3rd
- Founding advisor to the ATI Circular Economy Incubator.http://https//ati.utexas.edu/current-portfolio/circular-economy/
- Lead advisor to all ATI Transportation & Mobility companies
- 20 years working in sustainable infrastructure and cleantech
- Founder of TurnKey Environmental (acquired in 2003) and T3E (acquired in 2009)
- Former Applied Research Program Manager at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory focused on technology commercialization
- Founder of the Rosenfeld Society, a nonprofit organization promoting commercialization of cleantech from research institutions
- Active community service, including Austin City UP, the Texas Energy Poverty Research Institute, Texas Renewable Energy Industry Alliance, and SPEER
- PhD in Engineering from UT Austin and an MBA in Entrepreneurship from Babson
- Fan of great design – from T-shirts to the Taj Mahal
Trevor Boehm, PE
Founder, Inventure Engineering Services & Co-Owner, Gulf Coast Containers
Coaches and Mentors
✓ A singular leader in next-gen Application Engineering, Product Sustainability, and Operations Excellence who has catalyzed opportunities for 10+ emerging technology areas, from ideation through product launch. A relentless optimizer who can secure quick wins across the entire product design cycle, and apply expertise in low-cost capacity expansion.
✓ Senior materials engineering professional who is equally at ease leading in the field, in the lab or in the factory. Can work across organizational boundaries to gain buy-in for new initiatives, and work effectively on both the strategic and tactical execution levels.
✓ Deep technical liaison and account management background, including in-depth product design work and securing over $1.5M in new revenues through BD enablement.
✓ Enjoys working within organizations that value business acumen, encourage out-of-the-box problem solving, and encourage collaborative cultures.
✓ Master of Science (S.M.) in Materials Science and Engineering from M.I.T.
Happy to connect with fellow professionals, including those with an interest in sustainability, closed loop products and systems, and the design of biobased materials technologies.
My passion is in completely changing the norm regarding how society and manufacturers view and manage consumer goods throughout the product's lifecycle; we need to enact the circular economy.
The concept is having products designed to be readily and easily reused, refurbished or recycled, contributing back to the biosphere or technosphere essentially eliminating the notion of "waste." We must create an economy that relies upon and values post-consumer material instead of merely generating it.
Going deeper, if we combine the circular economy system, which is reliant on using, recovering, and processing finite and renewable resources, with the immutable and transparent ledger nature of Blockchain technology then tracking and enabling the use of available feedstock or products becomes simplified. A world without waste is economically and environmentally advantageous to all of us.
Join me on my journey and help change the world.
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend Circular Economy Austin team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend Austin is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!