Announcing the Techstars Boston Class of 2014
This post originally appeared on blog.up.co
We are thrilled to announce the next Techstars class in Boston! This will be the eighth Techstars program in Boston, and my first as Managing Director. Our session began this week, and will wrap up with a demo day on November 12th.
We continue to be blown away with the quality of applications and love the diversity of their businesses, some of which have come to Boston from as far away as Australia, Holland, Croatia, France, Russia, and even San Francisco. This session the program includes five hardware and seven software companies that range from bringing cellular connectivity to the next billion people in the developing world, to sparking a new generation of innovation in data science through a machine learning platform.
We are honored to have such strong support from our mentors, investors and sponsors in the Greater Boston community, and we couldn’t thank them enough.
And now, the Techstars Boston Fall 2014 class:
- Codeanywhere is a cloud based code-editor, development, and collaboration platform.
- CoolChip designs next-generation kinetic coolers for electronics enabling quieter, smaller and cooler product experiences.
- EdTrips makes field trips easy and drives more visitors to educational destinations by consolidating the booking and payment of trips among multiple locations and services.
- Fairwaves develops disruptive open-source mobile network equipment and software to bring cell phone service to the next billion people.
- Fortified Bicycle is building an urban cycling brand with MIT-engineered hardware.
- Headtalk's platform enables a new kind of nonverbal communication with wearable devices.
- Helloblock's API simplifies accepting online payments through Bitcoin.
- indico is building the world's first IDE for machine learning.
- ROCKI is creating the standard for listening to the music you love on the speakers you already have.
- Spitfire Athlete is building a brand that stands for strength and badassery among women, starting with a fitness app.
- Streamroot cuts bandwidth costs for online broadcasters with native peer-to-peer video streaming technology.
- Splashscore's influencer activation engine helps large consumer brands find and activate their most influential customers on social networks to drive more clicks, likes, leads, and sales.