Startup Weekend Boston
Friday, October 13 - 15, 2017
Friday, October 13 - 15, 2017
Event starts at 6:30 pm
Cambridge Innovation Center
Learn to take ideas from concept to creation in one weekend!
Have you ever seen a new product, app, or business and thought to yourself, "that was my idea a few years ago"? If you have, that means you did not have a process for taking that idea from concept to creation.
Startup Weekend is your chance to learn how to take any idea from concept to creation within a matter of days! Whether you are looking to...
- get introduced to the world of startups and entrepreneurship
- learn the process for going from concept to creation
- meet experienced, talented, and passionate entrepreneurs
- join or build an all-star team
- learn and practice new skills to take back to your job or
- take your own idea from concept to creation
It doesn't matter what you do or where you come from, Startup Weekend is designed as an inclusive event and program that brings all sorts of people together including...
- aspiring & experienced entrepreneurs
- developers and other tech-related professionals
- designers of all types
- non-technical talent (i.e. business, sales, finance, legal, etc.)
- students from colleges, universities, and even high schools
- professionals looking to switch careers or build new skills
- passionate visionaries
- and many more!
- Access to the full weekend-long event
- Opportunity to pitch your idea on Friday night @ Pitch Fire
- Mentoring by all-stars from the tech startup community
- Tasty meals all weekend
- Collaboration with awesome technical professionals
- All-star judges panel lead by startup leaders
- Membership in the Startup Weekend Community (>200K alumni)
- A process for taking any idea from concept to creation in a matter of days, and
- Over 50 awesome new friends!
- Scholarships Available! Can't afford a ticket? Apply here for a scholarship.
Do I need to come with an idea?
If you have an idea for a startup, then great! We hope you pitch for the weekend. If you don't have an idea, that's quite all right! Come and spend the weekend, listen to the ideas being pitched, and see if something strikes your interest! The weekend is all about learning about the startup ideation process and from your peers. If you have more questions, check out the Startup Weekend First Timers FAQ!
Come join us for a very special weekend!
Friday October 13th
Saturday October 14th
Sunday October 15th
Coaches and Mentors
Partner at Appanite, Inc.
He fulfills his passion to invest in others to optimize business results, by promoting collaboration and expertise sharing. Internally: he acts as integrator across the enterprise and hosts monthly worldwide career flash broadcasts (which he started in Dubai in 2009, it ranges from 1.5K to 9K views per edition); he is regularly invited as executive keynote speaker to leadership and talent development events; he serves as the Executive Champion for the first level executive leaders of IBM Analytics; he mentors 15 talents (scattered across the organization and the world) and promotes inclusion, global cultural awareness and emotional intelligence. Externally: he serves as Executive sponsor to Business Partners and Client Signature Accounts; he accepts leadership keynote engagement (e.g. keynote speaker at BU Questrom Exec MBA commencement ceremony in 2016, New England Diversity Leadership Council, Cambridge Street Upper School NetPal…); provides coaching to students or your professionals. Prior to IBM, Jérôme held several positions, including being a Consultant for a start-up in Paris (top 3 clients: Unilever, Coca-Cola, IBM) and leading troops as an Officer of the French Army serving in France and Germany. He earned an MBA (Coventry Business School - UK), an MS in Finance (Caen University - France), and graduated from Saint Cyr Officer School (eq. WestPoint). He lived and worked on four continents and is supported by his wife, Corinne and their two young children – Mélanie and Maxime.
Global Sales, Business Analytics
Creator at Boston Startups Guide
Founder New Leaf Legal, LLC and Co-Owner at Undiscovered Kitchen
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend Boston team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend Boston is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!