Startup Weekend: Healthcare - Opioid Crisis Edition
Friday, May 18 - 20, 2018
Friday, May 18 - 20, 2018
Event starts at 6:30 pm
Egan Research Center, Raytheon Ampitheater
120 Forsyth St
From Concept to Creation in 54 Hours
Startup Weekend is your chance to learn how to take any idea from concept to creation within a matter of days! Whether you are looking to...
- get introduced to the world of startups and entrepreneurship,
- learn the process for going from concept to creation,
- meet experienced, talented, and passionate entrepreneurs in Boston (including mentors from IBM Watson Health, Northeastern University and Techstars),
- join or build an all-star team,
- or take your own idea from concept to creation
It doesn't matter what you do or where you come from, Startup Weekend is designed as an inclusive event and program that brings all sorts of people together including...
- aspiring & experienced entrepreneurs,
- developers and other tech-related professionals,
- designers of all types,
- professionals in health/life sciences,
- non-technical talent (i.e. business, sales, finance, legal, etc.)
- students from universities and even high schools,
- professionals looking to switch careers,
- passionate visionaries
Startup Weekend Health means we will be focusing the ideas we select on solving problems in the health/life sciences industry Over the last 10 years we have seen major changes in health-- everything from programmable limbs through cognitive health advising system to 3D-printed skin. Tech and health go hand in hand in solving problems that matter the most.
Whether you are interested in the health industry or not, the ultimate objective of the event is to empower you with a powerful process for taking any idea, health-related or not, from concept to creation!
Join Northeastern University for a very special weekend!
**SPECIAL OPPORTUNITY TO HACK THE OPIOID CRISIS**
Throughout the weekend, mentors and organizers will aid you in creating products, marketing campaigns and other tools to tackle the on-going opioid crisis. There will be a separate prize awarded for solutions that address the opioid crisis in some way.
For the $100 ticket you get:
- Access to the full weekend-long event
- Opportunity to pitch your idea on Friday night @ Pitch Fire
- Mentoring by all-stars from the health industry and the tech startup community ( (including mentors from IBM Watson Health, Northeastern University, and Techstars)
- Chance to win awesome prizes from our sponsors
- Tasty meals all weekend
- Collaboration with awesome professionals from throughout the greater Boston area
- Membership in the Startup Weekend Community (>200K alumni) #SWMafia
- A process for taking any idea from concept to creation in a matter of days
- And over 100 new awesome Facebook friends!
Friday May 18th
Saturday May 19th
Sunday May 20th
Venture Capitalist and Board Member
Clement Cazalot is currently Managing Director of Techstars Boston, leading the expansion of one of the most prestigious, impactful and founder-friendly startup accelerator and early stage investor in the world.
He is currently Managing Director of Techstars Boston, leading the expansion Techstars' accelerator program.
Cazalot was the co-founder of docTrackr and went through the TechStars accelerator himself in 2012! DocTrackr was acquired by Intralinks and Cazalot become the VP of Technology.
Cazalot is recognized as a information security expert. He holds a both Master of Science in Intelligence & Innovation from Universite Aix-Marseille (France) and a Master of Business Administration and Management from Ecole de Management de Marseille (France).
Cazalot has been featured in a number of publications, conferences and recognized by peers and media alike for his information security expertise. He holds a both Master of Science in Intelligence & Innovation from Universite Aix-Marseille (France) and a Master of Business Administration and Management from Ecole de Management de Marseille (France).
Coaches and Mentors
Partner at Appanite, Inc.
Open to exciting opportunities, ranging from concept/pre-funding, angel/seed-round, to Series-A VC-backed and beyond. Currently working on simultaneous boot-strapped/self-funded startup projects while advising/consulting to area startups, and making angel investments.
Extensive domain experience in digital marketing, mobile, consumer, social, app, web, security, storage and networking fields with experience leading and managing teams and companies of all sizes, practicing various development methodologies including traditional SDLC, Agile, and Lean.
Achieved multiple exits via acquisition and IPO:
• Altiris, acquired Pedestal Software for $74M as a direct result of my creating a SMB version of the enterprise product;
• Symantec, acquired Altiris for $830M in part as a direct result of my creation of the Altiris Security Platform (integration of Pedestal Software's technology);
• IMLogic, acquired by Symantec;
• Sockeye Networks, acquired by InterNAP;
• Akamai Technologies, IPO;
Specialties: Entrepreneur. High Tech Software & Services Product Management & Marketing with Extensive Startup Experience (VC and bootstrapped); Digital Marketing, Facebook Advertising; Co-Founder of financial services firm; Prior specialization in system security audit & compliance and configuration assurance; Also, photography services small business.
Techstars Startup Weekend Boston is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!