Charlotte High School Startup Weekend
Friday, November 2 - 3, 2018
Friday, November 2 - 3, 2018
Event starts at 6:00 pm
Johnson C. Smith University
100 Beatties Ford Rd
Be Your Own Boss!
Charlotte High School Startup Weekend wants to create and foster young entrepreneurial talent in the Queen City.
Partnering with Techstars, the world’s starting point for entrepreneurship. We are hosting a 54-hour event at Johnson C. Smith on Nov 2-4, 2018. This is where high school students will come together to share ideas, form teams, and launch startups.
Do you have an idea you'd like to pursue or a problem you'd like to solve but don't know where to start or who to start with?
Techstars Startup Weekend is the place to look for a team, create a prototype of your idea, validate your business idea, and receive feedback from experienced entrepreneurs, all in one weekend.
What do you need to bring?
Lots of energy! You'll pitch your own idea or listen to others, then vote on the most interesting ideas and form teams with diverse skill sets. You can come with friends, but you’ll get the full experience if you participate in separate teams. Remember, it’s all about the team.
Your idea should be something you have not previously worked on. The idea you pitch and the problem you set out to solve can span social, educational, financial, environmental, or other issues. Over the course of the weekend, you'll be challenged to create a prototype of your MVP, or minimum viable product, that fits the needs of your target customer. You'll get feedback, iterate, and likely pivot your approach entirely! Important: You cannot have worked previously on your idea.
Techstars Startup Weekend is a full weekend-long experience. Your ticket includes:
- 7 full (and delicious) meals over the course of the weekend
- Benefits and discounts from our global partners
- One-on-one time with amazing mentors
- A new network of developers, designers, and entrepreneurs eager, like you, to change the world.
- All the internet and coffee you can consume.
Watch the video below to see what you can expect, and if you’re feeling inspired click on the “Buy Ticket” button now!
Still, have questions, feel free to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t wait any longer and join the Techstars Startup Weekend movement!
No talk, all action! Learn to be your own boss!
Friday November 2nd
Saturday November 3rd
J. Dain Dulaney
Attorney, Bishop, Dulaney, Joyner & Abner, PA.
Owner, Designer at Wily
With previous corporate communication experience ranging from producing a morning radio talk show to sales and marketing, I managed to transition these skills into the successful launch of the Charlotte startup company. As Operations Manager of the venture, I immersed myself into the local entrepreneurial community, connecting with and learning about the programs and resources that are available to Charlotte entrepreneurs.
Over the past four years, I have had the privilege to participate several entrepreneurial programs, including CLT Joules and Venture Launch program at Ventureprise, and am currently serving as the Communications Manager for PitchBreakfast and Project Manager for StartCharlotte. I am very eager to use my experience to assist and support other entrepreneurs in the community.
- - BAC Fintech Ambassadors – Founder
- - BAC QC Fintech - Liaison
- - Carolina Fintech Hub – Innovation and Access to Capital work stream lead
- - Association for Corporate Growth (“ACG”) member and New Member Committee member
- - Charlotte Angel Fund – Due diligence team member Prior to working in the financial services industry, Jake served in the United States Air Force for four years as an avionic electronics technician after high school followed by five years as a real estate broker in the Charlotte/Lake Norman, NC area. Jake is married to his wife (Jamie), has two daughters Kirsten 21 (Junior at OSU) and Anyston 8 and they have a Golden Retriever / Great Pyrenees mix named Ranger and a Great Pyrenees rescue named Elsa (“the fluffs”).
Investor, Entrepreneur and Educator
Coaches and Mentors
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Charlotte High School Startup Weekend team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend Charlotte is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!