Chicago's 2014 Global Startup Battle is Rocking!
This post originally appeared on blog.up.co
The Chicago Startup Weekend edition of the 2014 Global Startup Battle (GSB) started last night and it was fantastic! Over 60 attendees, 40+ pitches that generated 10 teams, who are now working for 54 straight hours in hope walk away with the Chicago GSB Crown.
This morning, teams started right away on validating their ideas and building their products. Here are the 8 teams still in the race to win this Chicago Startup Weekend GSB 2014 event:
- Expecting Delivery: A subscription service for expecting mothers
- Fitness Guru: An online personal trainer service
- Skillet: An app to push people learning skills
- Subscrible: A subscription management service for bills
- Evolve Educators: A tool for educators
- Skillet: A community service to learn skills
- Beer Man: An IOS app that makes it easier to buy beers at sports venues
- Live right: An app between Fitness, health and products
We will keep you posted on how these teams and ideas evolve until Sunday's Demo event. Tickets are still available for Sunday's Demo on our website.