Startup Weekend Columbus
Friday, November 15 - 17, 2019
Friday, November 15 - 17, 2019
Event starts at 6:00 pm
80 E Rich Street
Bring your idea to action in 54 hours!
What happens at Startup Weekend? In 54 hours you and your team of talented people across all disciplines will turn an idea into a reality. This is where entrepreneurs, designers, coders, hustlers, and innovators in Central Ohio come together to prototype and validate business ideas for viable ventures.
It all happens in one weekend, so bring lots of energy!
On the first night, you'll pitch your idea or listen to others, then vote on the most interesting ideas and form teams with diverse skill sets. You can come with friends, but you’ll get the full experience if you participate in separate teams. Remember, it’s all about the team.
Feel like you might not be prepared? Don’t worry, we all begin at the same starting point. This means your idea should be something you have not previously worked on. The idea you pitch and the problem you set out to solve can span social, educational, financial, environmental, or other issues.
Over the course of the weekend, you'll be challenged to create a prototype of your MVP, or minimum viable product, that fits the needs of your target customer. You'll get feedback, iterate, and likely pivot your approach entirely! Everyone is welcome and no previous entrepreneurial experience is necessary.
It’s a full weekend of discovery, connection, and fast launch of ideas to businesses. Don’t wait, get your ticket today!
- With Early bird, pricing tickets are available for 50$ till Oct 6th
- Semi-Early Bird Tickets will be available for a limited time! in Oct ($75 instead of the full price of $100) before switching to full price.
- Looking to watch and not participate for the whole weekend? Pick up a Demo Day ticket to watch the final pitches on Sunday evening. This applies to Sunday only.
- A weekend-long event to build and launch a business concept with a collaborative team
- Space to work for the weekend at the beautiful new ROOT insurance office space
- Invaluable access to a community of entrepreneurs, mentors, and experts (even more coming soon!)
- Access to the top entrepreneur and tech talent serving as mentors throughout the weekend
- 3 dinners, 2 lunches, 2 breakfasts (We feed you good food!)
- An awesome t-shirt
- All the coffee, soda, energy drinks, and water you could ever need
- An amazing experience and chance to get a taste of the startup world
- An opportunity to network with like-minded individuals
- And probably more
Feeling inspired! Click on the “Buy Ticket” button now! What are you waiting for?
Students! - use promo code STUDENT for half price tickets. Student Photo ID required on the day of the event.
Still, have questions, feel free to reach us at “email@example.com”.
Friday November 15th
Saturday November 16th
Sunday November 17th
Coaches and Mentors
Derek is also a passionate member of the social entrepreneurial and technology communities in Columbus. He led the organizing team for GiveBackHack Columbus 2018 & 2019, co-organizes the Columbus Product Club, and serves on the Small Business Assessment Advisory Committee for the City of Columbus.
AVP, Enterprise Innovation Officer
I hold an MS in Computer Science from University of Washington, and a BS in Computer Science from The Ohio State University. If you're a former colleague, manager, or just a passionate software engineer, I'm always interested in hearing from you.
Founder, Owner, The Black Project
As well as thriving professionally, LoLo is a strong advocate of personal health and mental health. She was diagnosed with Lupus seven years ago and within the last year received the diagnoses of Lymphoma, completing her last round of treatments in August of 2019, being cleared as cancer free. Due to the direct impact of Lupus, she is an active member of the Lupus Foundation of America Greater Ohio chapter. She encourages all entrepreneurs find a healthy balance between work and personal/mental health. Her goal is to continue to serve her community and promote black businesses.
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend Columbus team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Techstars Startup Weekend Columbus is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
Drawing on my experience growing three businesses, building out content strategies, coaching teams in multiple capacities across multiple industries for 12+ years, and creating relationships with personnel of many walks of life, I thrive on curiosity, coffee, and office supplies.
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!