Startup Weekend UMass Dartmouth
Friday, February 22 - 24, 2019
Friday, February 22 - 24, 2019
Event starts at 6:00 pm
Charlton College of Business
285 Old Westport Rd
Your idea in 54 hours
Are you interested in joining a startup team, experiencing the thrill of taking an idea from concept to prototype to business model to pitch – all in one weekend?
Techstars Startup Weekend is the place to look for a team, create a prototype of your idea, validate your business idea, and receive feedback from experienced entrepreneurs, all in one weekend.
What do you need to bring?
Lots of energy! You'll pitch your own idea or listen to others, then vote on the most interesting ideas and form teams with diverse skill sets. You can come with friends, but you’ll get the full experience if you participate in separate teams. Remember, it’s all about the team.
Your idea should be something you have not previously worked on. The idea you pitch and the problem you set out to solve can span social, educational, financial, environmental, or other issues. Over the course of the weekend you'll be challenged to create a prototype of your MVP, or minimum viable product, that fits the needs of your target customer. You'll get feedback, iterate, and likely pivot your approach entirely! Important: You cannot have worked previously on your idea.
Techstars Startup Weekend is a full weekend long experience. Your ticket includes:
- 7 full (and delicious) meals over the course of the weekend
- Benefits and discounts from our global partners
- One-on-one time with amazing mentors
- A new network of developers, designers, and entrepreneurs eager, like you, to change the world.
- All the internet and coffee you can consume.
Watch the video below to see what you can expect, and if you’re feeling inspired click on the “Buy Ticket” button now!
Still have questions, feel free to reach us at “email@example.com”.
Don’t wait any longer and join the Techstars Startup Weekend movement!
No talk, all action!
Friday February 22nd
Saturday February 23rd
Sunday February 24th
Chris was a General Partner at Charles River Ventures where he developed and executed Storage investment thesis that led to over $400M in returns over an 8 year period. Notable investments include: EqualLogic which was acquired by Dell for $1.375B in 2008, and Pirus Networks which was acquired by SUNW in 2002, etc.
Chris Baldwin's Marketing and Engineering career include key positions at Chipcom, Cascade Communications, Argon Networks, Polaroid & Digital Equipment Corp.
Chris has an Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering from Brown University and a Master Degree in Optics from University of Rochester.
Coaches and Mentors
Vice President & General Manager, Global Power, Gas, Coal, and Renewables | IHS Markit
- Business Strategy & Growth – Primary driver of building IHS’ energy consulting business from revenues of $15 million to over $70 million through acquisition and global expansion. Designed and built infrastructure supporting IHS’ consulting business.
- Oil Prices & Capital Spending - IHS analyzed impact of the low oil prices (under three price scenarios) on the pumps capital expenditure in the oil and gas value chain: upstream, midstream and downstream.
- Corporate Portfolio Strategy - For a major South African mining conglomerate, Mr. Frangules and his team helped the company evaluate the competitive position and industry attractiveness of a portfolio of businesses including gold and platinum mining, ferrochrome and manganese, pulp and paper, and electronics businesses.
- New Business Strategy - Mr. Frangules and an IHS team provided a global market assessment and customer willingness to pay for a new, small scale nuclear technology.Growth Strategy – Mr. Frangules led a team that developed and executed a plan for an electric utility to invest over $500 million in a major, branded telecommunications joint venture. Mr. Frangules also testified before the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities for this project.
Audra holds a Master of Science degree in Management from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT Sloan School) and a Bachelor of Science degree in Applied Mathematics and Economics from Brown University.
Audra’s previous experience is in the private sector with positions in executive management, strategy, and marketing. She was a Director and General Manager at MapInfo Corporation in New York where she managed its core software business and established technology and marketing partnerships for new products. From 1990 to 1997, Audra worked as a Strategy Consultant for Bull Worldwide Information Systems in Boston and then in Paris where she improved financial and operational performance across businesses and geographic markets. She has also worked at Microsoft Corporation in Product Management in Seattle and in Management Consulting at several strategy firms in Boston including Braxton Associates, the Alliance Consulting Group and Quantum Associates.
Audra serves on the Boards of the OceanSide Performing Arts Center, the Barnstable Clean Water Coalition and the Cape Cod Chapter of the Lithuanian American Community.
He is an expert in U.S. consumer markets for food and nutrition products. Essential to this capability is the quality of relationships I have with key decision-makers in corporations and other organizations.
Bell Advisory Services (BAS) is known for its role in expanding corporate and consumer awareness of the health benefits of natural products, with an emphasis on the diverse performance characteristics of phytocompounds.
Recent client successes include Le Prunier, Drink Simple, and Primal Kitchens.
#entrepreneuship #agile #SaaS #productdevelopment
Selected startup engagements:
- Start Strong for Startup: Tina has worked with startups to refine strategy, positioning, messaging, sales and operations for teams from 3-100 in a range of industries. Results include funding from investor pitches, internal process and team development, successful launch and revenue growth.
- Positioning for Future: As a member of the executive team at IT consultancy, Tina built and managed the marketing engine including brand, lead-gen, and customer success with an eye toward exit. The results were over $1.5M in new clients and a successful acquisition by a $2B global company.
- Building the Engine: At Razorfish, a global digital solutions consultancy, Tina was responsible for building the Strategy Consulting Practice as well as managing the delivery of all Strategy projects in the Boston Office. She facilitated executive visioning workshops to identify, prioritize, and plan digital solutions, across a range of industries. She managed a team of professionals including user intelligence, branding, and business strategy.
- Learn and Refine: Tina has owned marketing teams and operations at multiple software and technology companies. She is an active practitioner and continues to test and learn about successful strategies.She holds a BS from Franklin Pierce and an MBA from University of NH.
A founding team member of the Private Market Impact Fund, he helped lauch a diversified $25m fund focused on generating market-rate returns and measurable social impact. PMI has become a core product for mid-market asset managers and their customers seeking entry into impact investing.
A founder and Managing Partner at Enterprise Innovation Partners (EIP), he is deeply engaged in the B2B technology ecosystem and the challenges of launching, accelerating and scaling businesses in the enterprise software market as an investor, advisor, and interim executive.
Interim Director of University of Massachusetts Dartmouth - Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship (CIE)
Mechanical Prototyping Lab Manager at the UMass Dartmouth Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Techstars Startup Weekend Dartmouth is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!