Pre-Event Prototyping Workshop
This post originally appeared on blog.up.co
Title: SWIoT Prototyping Workshop
Summary: A pre-event workshop where attendees will build a connected smart home device with a web app in 3 hours.
Time: Wednesday, May 27, 2015 5:30pm - 8:30pm
Location: Galvanize - Denver - Platte 1644 Platte Street Denver, CO 80202
Course Details: In 3 hours, participants will learn everything they need to get started building working IoT prototypes. By the end of the course, participants will have built functional prototypes and web apps that will take and display temperature measurements, as well as control lights in real-time. We will be using Particle Core boards and prototyping equipment provided by Hackster.io.
- Introduction to embedded concepts (ex: Interrupts, debugging, logging, memory).
- Hands on examples where participants can read sensors and control an actuator using the Cloud interface provided by Spark Core.
Sasi Movva: Entrepreneur currently building a startup in the Internet of Things domain. Masters (S/W Engg) from CMU, Pittsburgh and MBA(Leeds School of Business), CU Boulder. Extensive software programming experience including embedded software seen in most mobile phones. Loves hiking, biking and camping with his wife and 2 boys.
Shashank Shekhar - 4 years of experience as a startup co-founder. Masters (CS) from CU, Boulder and B.Tech. (EE) from IIT Kanpur, INDIA. Expert at hardware chip design (VLSI). Software development experience ranging from websites (RoR) to embedded software (C). Loves golfing and is working on getting his wife and 2 boys into it.
Requirements & Experience:
- This event is open to Startup Weekend IoT attendees only. If you haven’t signed up yet, do so at bit.do/swiot15
- Attendees will need to bring a Windows PC or Mac laptop, we will supply all prototyping gear thanks to Particle.io and Hackster.io, two of our sponsors.
- Some prior programming experience is required. Non-programmers may attend if they can find a programmer buddy who would let them watch over their shoulders. No prior familiarity/experience with Spark Core or electronics prototyping is required.
- Bring a laptop (Windows or Mac preferably)
- Install Node.js
- Install Spark Dev (http://docs.spark.io/dev/) from https://github.com/spark/spark-dev/releases/latest
- Install Postman - REST Client in chrome or something equivalent in your preferred browser
RSVP: This event is limited to 15 attendees only. Attendees must also be registered for Startup Weekend IoT before the workshop. RSVP for the workshop by following this link. See you there!