Startup Weekend Denver EDU, powered by Grow with Google
Friday, June 8 - 10, 2018
Friday, June 8 - 10, 2018
Event starts at 5:30 pm
Marcus Commons @ Daniels College of Business
University of Denver
2101 S University Blvd
Your idea in 54 hours
Startup Weekend Education (SWEDU) returns to Denver for the third time in 2018 and we're gearing up for another amazing weekend of ideas, collaboration and innovation! SWEDU brings together people of all skill sets and experience levels to collaboratively launch tools, schools, and learning spaces that reimagine the future of education.
Our state is home to a vibrant and growing community of education entrepreneurs. We look forward to hearing your stories and learning about your ideas for change in education!
Everyone is welcome, no experience is required.
This year, our event is fully sponsored by Grow with Google, through a Techstars Startup Weekend Scholarship. Grow with Google's support allows us to make SWEDU Den FREE for all participants! Hurry to secure your spot; this event will sell out quickly!
Grow with Google is an initiative that draws on Google’s 20-year history of building products, platforms, and services that help people and businesses grow. Through Grow with Google, Google aims to help everyone across America – those who make up the workforce of today and the students who will drive the workforce of tomorrow – access the best of Google’s training and tools to grow their skills, careers, and businesses.
Learn more about this initiative by visiting our Grow with Google website.
New to Startup Weekend? Here’s what to expect:
Day 1: Meet, Pitch & Team Up
- Dinner & Networking: Get to know your new friends. Meet the people you'll be working with.
- 60 Seconds to Pitch: Got an idea? You’ve got 1 minute to pitch in front of the group. (You are not required to pitch)
- Choose Your Project: From the top projects – Choose which one you'll work on over the weekend.
- Build a Team: Whether it's your idea or someone else’s, you'll create a cross-functional team to work with over the weekend.
Day 2: Learn & Work
- Learn from the Best: Local mentors will be coming in throughout the event to coach you through the hard problems.
- Get to Work: We've got the resources and support in place to make things happen in a short period of time. You'll be responsible for everything from finding customers to building your product. We'll be here to help when you need it.
Day 3: Present & Choose
- Present in Front of Panel Judges: The culmination of the weekend. You'll have 5 minutes to present the product or service you built to the crowd and a panel of expert
- Celebrate: Watch the other teams present and celebrate all the work you’ve done. Get the opportunity to talk to judges and mingle with mentors.
What do you need to bring?
Lots of energy! You'll pitch your own idea or listen to others, then vote on the most interesting ideas and form teams with diverse skill sets. You can come with friends, but you’ll get the full experience even if you participate in separate teams. Remember, it’s all about the team.
Your idea should be something you have not previously worked on. The idea you pitch and the problem you set out to solve can span any aspect of education - from early childhood to life long learning. Over the course of the weekend you'll be challenged to create a prototype of your solution that fits the needs of your target customer.
Startup Weekend EDU Denver is a full weekend long experience. Your ticket includes:
- 7 full (and delicious) meals over the course of the weekend (including all the caffeine you can consume!)
- Benefits and discounts from our global partners
- SWEDU Denver TShirt + other great SWAG
- One-on-one time with amazing mentors
- The opportunity to win amazing prizes
- A new network of developers, designers, and entrepreneurs eager, like you, to change the world!
Still have questions? Feel free to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No talk, all action!
Friday June 8th
Saturday June 9th
Sunday June 10th
Event Sponsors, and Partners
The Startup Weekend Denver EDU, powered by Grow with Google team is grateful for the support of local community partners without whom this event would not be possible.
Learn how to become a sponsor here.
Grow with Google offers free training and tools to help you grow your skills, career, or business.
Techstars Startup Weekend Denver is 100% led by volunteer community leaders.
Learn how to get involved here
We haven't written any posts yet. Stay tuned!